Player canít jump on floating platforms.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:40 pm

no im not, i really cant help with this, i think its inherent off the platformbehavior, because of the gravitysetting, maybe someone else can give you help, or try asking Ashley what he thinks
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh, thanks :)

I really thought you were kidding :)

no biggy, I'll substitute those platforms with a static and the player has to jump LOL
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:03 pm

You need to manually move the platform so the player can be moved with the same amount as the platform.

Here's one way to do it using a dummy sprite. The motion is applied to the dummy sprite, then if the player is overlapping the platform move the player with the change of the dummy's position and then move the platform to the dummy's position.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples7/vertical_platform.capx
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

@R0J0hound

I've seen that you're solution has done the trick, but tomorrow I'll have to study exactly why. Looking at your code I didn't got the see well, but it's late.

Many thanks :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:19 pm

@R0J0hound

glad you found a solution for this, i do ask myself if this is an engine malfunction or platform issue that can be fixed or there is simply no other way to make this work
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am

@R0j0hound - I believe I've come across the same problem...but it's while going down slanted platforms where I've adjusted the collision polygon. I thought perhaps it was that BRIEF tick of time where the character box is dropping from one pixel height down to another, but even increasing gravity to lessen the theoretical time in the air falling, pressing the jump key seemed to lock him to the platform...much like @AngeloFernandes noticed, it wasn't until the end of the platform did the character jump.

If I'm reading your Event sheet right, you're telling C2 to position the Y of the player at its last position before there was an overlap with the platform's collision polygon...correct?

Can you also explain to me the dummy --> pair=platforma.pair Event condition? I don't get what's going on there.

Thank you!
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:11 am

Just give the player player.vectory + platform.vectory
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?