Playstation Network Lies

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
[C3] Banner ads, Interstitial ads, Rewared video ads, Rewarded Interstitial Ads
  • Ok so i created a new password for my old account which i created in 2008 on the psn network.Did all the updates and stuff.I got an e mail from psn promising a "Welcome Back" package where i could supposedly download a game for free.

So i went to the store to download one of the "free" games that they promised and when i opened the supposed welcome back link there was no content to download anything.WTF!!!.Was that just a Scam or am i doing something wrong???.

I connected my psp to my pc and my ps3 is connected via lan.So why can't i get these "free" games??.

• It states that the server or something like that is still down for maintenance when i try to go to my account info.Why aren't these free games under the welcome back link provided at the psn store??.I tried to access my account info via "sony media go" with my psp connected via usb to my pc.

Guess they got htjv@ck3d again

did you use your ps3 to go into your account or did you use Media Go?

• Lol $ony

"Yeah, we let your private information fall into the hands of hackers, but if you forgive us we'll give you some freebies!"

I'm not sure whose worse.

$ony or those who think it's a fair trade.

I won't be taking them up on it.

I rarely use the PS3 online anyway.

Krush.

• [quote:33ld62en]I'm not sure whose worse.

$ony or those who think it's a fair trade.

Lol yeah.They must get their act together otherwise they will go down like a ton of Xbox360 bricks

I don't go on the psn network that much as well.But when they promise me 2 psp games for free then i damn well want them for free.I can see a lot off lawsuits coming their way.Im sticking to wiiiii from now on .The big S and the big M have dissapointed me for the last time they both can go %$#ymm@! themselves.

Only reason why i still use windohs 7 and Windohmythissux Xp is because of Construct Classic and some other exclusive win apps.

• I got my psn to work fine, I got 2 free ps3 games and 2 free psp games. Although I was disapointed by the shutdown it did not, in any way, shake my belief in Sony. Seriously, why are people so obsesed with mulitplayer games now a days? Play a single player game for once. -_- DravenX: Unrelated but I'm realy looking foward to your game Wolfen.

• I don't see why people are so mad about this anyway, unless you had playstation plus, people should be happy psn is free. I hate when think they deserve something that they don't, it's even more stupid that some people traded their ps3's. Oh noes! We can't pwn nEWbs in call of duty no mo! It was one month. Not a year.

• I don't see why people are so mad about this anyway, unless you had playstation plus, people should be happy psn is free. I hate when think they deserve something that they don't, it's even more stupid that some people traded their ps3's. Oh noes! We can't pwn nEWbs in call of duty no mo! It was one month. Not a year.

It's mostly not about the service being down. It's about people's personal and credit card details being stolen. You wouldn't want people to just walk in and take money from your bank would you? Well, people trusted Sony and they screwed it up. Big time(s).

Also, the PSN was supposed to come with the price of the PS3, if I paid the extra money with expectations for a free online service that was actually online, I'd be angry too..

And for developers on PSN, the number of sales lost each minute, let alone in a month, were probably staggering. Companies can die when their games get held back like that

• Was it realy Sony's fault though? Some asshole hacked the ps3 which remainded unhacked for 4 years, which is an impressive feat. Yet people are calling sony's security ''piss-pour''. No way did sony expect a legion of hackers to attack PSN because Sony locked up some hacker who cost them millions of dollars. Sony has done enough I think. Plus this is why I use prepaid PSN cards.

• Well, you're bound to get fanboys defending every console.

They seem to come out of the woodwork.

Never understood it.

Personally, I own all 3 main consoles.

The PS3 rarely gets used except for GT5 and the brilliant Uncharted (rarely online).

The Wii gets a fair bit of attention for a quick game of something (rarely online).

The Xbox 360 gets used the most by far (quite a lot of online play).

But this isn't about which console/company, or fanboyism.

This is about a company not looking after your personal data.

This time it happened to a company whose network I rarely use, but if it happened to Microsoft's XBox Live (and I'm sure they'll be targeted) then I'd stop using it.

People are too easily pacified, even after such a breach of security, and the offer of free games being lapped up by people makes me laugh, which is why I made my original comment.

I don't accept it from $ony, and I wouldn't accept it from the other 2 either.

And yeah JayJay, a month is a hell of a long time for a network like that to be down.

Unthinkable really, when you consider the resources at their disposal.

Krush.

• I'd much more appreciated it if they gave us credits to spend instead of giving us a choice of 2 from 5 lackluster titles. =/

• Well, you're bound to get fanboys defending every console.

They seem to come out of the woodwork.

Never understood it.

The reason I am a fanboy is because Sony has always had the best games, in my opionion. Sony has always keep my interest and usualy never fails to disapoint me, My first system was the PS1, I tired other consels but they either had tech issues, a lack of good titles, or other things. But I don't know why people who didn't lose anything because of the PSN outage, as if things like this hasn't happened to the other systems. I believe Xbox live had like two or three 2 week outages, I heard this, but I don't keep with mircosoft. And I heard that nintendo recently had some trouble with hackers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aah finally got the games to download.After i had sent them an e-mail they quickly rectified the problem.Downloaded wipeout HD which is still awesome as always.I am surprised at how quickly they responded to my e-mail, kudo's for the swift response Sony.

Ah the fanboy thing ,I used to be a Sony fanboy until i went multi platform ,Now i love everything except Xbox360, cause my brand new model bit the dust 2 days ago.But i love the way MS gave me a tracking number to see how long it would take to recieve another one.

Personally i still love Pc games the most.Not because it has better gfx or can handle ten times more than any console can , I love Pc games more because i can mod them to death .

• DravenX: Unrelated but I'm realy looking foward to your game Wolfen.

Glad you like wolfen Granhunter101 ,The full game should be finished by the end of the year.I made The game on multi platforms as well.The one i made with Construct Won't be finished until some time next year im afraid (Still some bugs to sort out there).But the Xna Game will be out this year Because i have more people involved with the Xna game of Wolfen.The Xna version has animated Cut scenes .Only problems i have with the Construct version is the animations and event's , Had to tone that down a lot.So expect Xna Wolfen some time in December 2011.

Sorry to go off topic

• It's a cool concept with the the story, it reminds kinda of like that game Primal for the ps2. the story, not the gameplay.

• it doesn't bother me that much, definitely lame to be down so long, but it's over. I like that the five games are actual good games. it's definitely stupid and embarrassing that sony is so clueless about security, but if there's any fanboyism that I find unacceptable, not just on principle, but in it's danger to the future of gaming is xbox fanboys "you get what you pay for" response to this. 360 is the first system with a real online userbase that charges to just play online. microsoft seriously failed trying to replicate this on pc with games for windows live, but you can see how many companies ms has turned to the nonstop-charge-for-dlc bandwagon. sony implemented playstation plus, which isn't horrible, since you don't need anything on it, but it's a step in the wrong direction.

Aside from the dangerous aspects it's just a false argument. anonymous has hacked the sites of all the major credit card firms. they say they they could have taken down the entire system so no one could make credit card transactions anywhere, but that wasn't the goal. it has nothing to do with what you pay for, aside from the fact that steam on pc is a superior free service, if anonymous wanted to take down xboxlive they would. microsoft would be better prepared by far, windows is the most attacked piece of software period, but the inferiority of psn is not due to it being free. it's due to sony's cluelessness in security.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)