Playstation Network Lies

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I'd much more appreciated it if they gave us credits to spend instead of giving us a choice of 2 from 5 lackluster titles. =/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:23 pm

[quote="KrushBrother":221cjhyx]Well, you're bound to get fanboys defending every console.
They seem to come out of the woodwork.
Never understood it.[/quote:221cjhyx]

The reason I am a fanboy is because Sony has always had the best games, in my opionion. Sony has always keep my interest and usualy never fails to disapoint me, My first system was the PS1, I tired other consels but they either had tech issues, a lack of good titles, or other things. But I don't know why people who didn't lose anything because of the PSN outage, as if things like this hasn't happened to the other systems. I believe Xbox live had like two or three 2 week outages, I heard this, but I don't keep with mircosoft. And I heard that nintendo recently had some trouble with hackers.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Aah finally got the games to download.After i had sent them an e-mail they quickly rectified the problem.Downloaded wipeout HD which is still awesome as always.I am surprised at how quickly they responded to my e-mail, kudo's for the swift response Sony.

Ah the fanboy thing ,I used to be a Sony fanboy until i went multi platform ,Now i love everything except Xbox360, cause my brand new model bit the dust 2 days ago.But i love the way MS gave me a tracking number to see how long it would take to recieve another one.

Personally i still love Pc games the most.Not because it has better gfx or can handle ten times more than any console can , I love Pc games more because i can mod them to death :lol: .
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:50 pm

[quote="Granhunter101":2nf966rz] @DravenX: Unrelated but I'm realy looking foward to your game Wolfen.[/quote:2nf966rz]

Glad you like wolfen Granhunter101 ,The full game should be finished by the end of the year.I made The game on multi platforms as well.The one i made with Construct Won't be finished until some time next year im afraid (Still some bugs to sort out there).But the Xna Game will be out this year Because i have more people involved with the Xna game of Wolfen.The Xna version has animated Cut scenes :D .Only problems i have with the Construct version is the animations and event's , Had to tone that down a lot.So expect Xna Wolfen some time in December 2011.

Sorry to go off topic :oops:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm

It's a cool concept with the the story, it reminds kinda of like that game Primal for the ps2. the story, not the gameplay.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 pm

it doesn't bother me that much, definitely lame to be down so long, but it's over. I like that the five games are actual good games. it's definitely stupid and embarrassing that sony is so clueless about security, but if there's any fanboyism that I find unacceptable, not just on principle, but in it's danger to the future of gaming is xbox fanboys "you get what you pay for" response to this. 360 is the first system with a real online userbase that charges to just play online. microsoft seriously failed trying to replicate this on pc with games for windows live, but you can see how many companies ms has turned to the nonstop-charge-for-dlc bandwagon. sony implemented playstation plus, which isn't horrible, since you don't need anything on it, but it's a step in the wrong direction.

Aside from the dangerous aspects it's just a false argument. anonymous has hacked the sites of all the major credit card firms. they say they they could have taken down the entire system so no one could make credit card transactions anywhere, but that wasn't the goal. it has nothing to do with what you pay for, aside from the fact that steam on pc is a superior free service, if anonymous wanted to take down xboxlive they would. microsoft would be better prepared by far, windows is the most attacked piece of software period, but the inferiority of psn is not due to it being free. it's due to sony's cluelessness in security.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 pm

I just realized I inadvertly called inFamous lackluster. Kinda forgot that it was one of the five.

Though, I just bought it maybe less than a week before PSN went down so seeing it as one of the five free games kinda bummed me out. =/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 pm

The only reason I have stayed with the Xbox is the excellent online play, and since the PS3 and Xbox 360 share most of the same games I see no point in buying more than one console. I think Microsoft really set the bar high with the multi-player features of the original Xbox compared to what PS2 offered at the time. I find $50 dollars a year a small price to pay for a awesome service.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 am

To be fair to Microsoft about charging for Xbox Live, you don't need multiple copies of a game for multiple people to have separate accounts. With a PC game such as Starcraft 2, you'd need to buy the game once for each person. So for multiple people sharing a system, the cost for XBL would be less overall if the alternative is buying the same games multiple times. There are other pros and cons for the different online frameworks as well, but simply saying XBL is more expensive isn't entirely accurate.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:32 pm

only one person can play at a time, why would you need multiple accounts? I play portal 2. turn off steam, and my kids can play on their computer afterward with separate save files if need be. I can log onto battleforge with any number of battleforge accounts on pc. anyone at my house can log onto their account and play mortal kombat on the ps3. I must be missing the benefit here.
[quote="Mr Wolf":1ax78h0a]simply saying XBL is more expensive isn't entirely accurate.[/quote:1ax78h0a]
I disagree. XBL being more expensive is entirely accurate.

pc - free online play
mac - free online play
gameboy ds - free online play
psp - free online play
android - free online play
mac - free online play
iphone - free online play
ps2 - free online play
wii - free online play
ps3 - free online play
dreamcast - free online play

starting to see a pattern here? if everything else that provides the same service is free, if ms is charging one cent it's more expensive. they are charging you because they can. it's a complete scam
any game that forces you to buy the game more than once for you to play with more than one user account is similarly scammy. On my ps3, not only can other people on different accounts on my ps3 play my games, I'm allowed to share all my games and DLC that I pay for off of psn with 3 other people. my friend and brother have both downloaded probably a few hundred bucks of free games and content. this isn't a piracy scheme, sony actually allows this, and doesn't allow it after the initial 3 people per file. if you think ms needs the extra money to bring you xboxlive, you must not be familiar with microsoft.
hotmail probably gets more hits a day than xbl, combine that with msdn, windows update, windows antivirus, bing, and the gazillions of other microsoft owned and run ip that get nonstop bandwidth abuse. steam is a superior service by a supersmall company, and it's free. it's pure and simple, it isn't even a debate. XBL is a total scam, and there's no excuse for it not to be free. it doesn't do anything that hasn't been done before and is still being done for free on other platforms, by much smaller companies, with much less money, and resources.

edit: and another thing, unfortunately the corruption bleeds onto other systems, but another thing you're paying for with xbl is ms's greedy bs where they force everyone to charge for dlc. companies try to release content for free on the 360, and then ms steps in forces them to charge. this is why steam went to ps3 and not 360, ms wanted to control everything. now what? they're stuck with a crippled version of the game. you buy once for ps3, you own it on ps3, mac, and pc, your cloud game saves transfer so you can continue your game on a different platform, and all 3 platforms can play co op, later today, I'll play pc portal2 with my friend on his ps3 complete with voice chat. game updates and bugfixes are pushed out the second valve wants them to be. completely superior experience on all other platforms...why? because ms tried to bully valve, and not let them do what they needed to properly release the game. i believe I heard ms finally caved in, and will allow steam in the future, but what a load of bs. originally gears was supposed to have free map packs, but once again ms stepped in to kill the user experience. it all worked out in the end though, because now you have 80 companies who charge to change the color of your character sprite, and an army of fanboys who say that it's somehow a good thing that they have to pay for a "service" they can get for free anywhere else
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic