Playstation vita export please

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:34 am

15000$ is not even enough for a submission fee at Sony/microsoft (I'm working in an indie studio for a living, our last patch costed us about 23k for a single PS4 review fee). Console is not for hobbyist, at least not for now : even if it was free, nobody could handle the workload.
http://www.schizokoa.com we are a small game jam group, visit us!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm

The development, maintenance and support costs of writing a new runtime are high enough that we are not prepared to do it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:03 am

well could you add a paint brush tool to the frame editor and make the sprite editor with more tools for drawing with rather than the primitive line and bucket and eraser, at the least?
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:08 am

@truefalcon The sprite editor is mostly included for making basic and/or placeholder sprites, as well as simple platforms and other objects. It is not intended to fully replace third-party graphic design tools when the program itself is primarily focussing on game development. I suggest you look at using GIMP for free, polished asset creation.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 am

truefalcon wrote:well could you add a paint brush tool to the frame editor and make the sprite editor with more tools for drawing with rather than the primitive line and bucket and eraser, at the least?

Its like asking GIMP to please include some game making functionality. Software is designed for a specific purpose. C2 is to make games, not images.
The current editor is ideal to make mock ups on the fly. GIMP or other is used to replace those mock ups later with real images.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 am

I am just asking for a few basic paint tools and opacity and onion skinning and layering of sections of images, like yoyogames does offer, is that to much to ask?
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 am

Yeah, also custom brushes and tablet pressure sensitivity and PSD import and image filters and Magic Wand and OBJ import and 3D sculpting tools and texture mapping and an animation timeline and video compositing and a C# compiler and 3D printing support and the whole of CryEngine inside the image editor. Is that too much to ask?

Gosh
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:28 am

To be honest, I would not mind if C2 used a little more on his image editor, but it is not necessary, but tools like selection based on color for exemple would,be nice to have, but this is going a little off topic.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 am

Never say never :)

We also used to say, that PS4 and x86-based developing was a no-go. Voilá - enter Playstation 4 and its x86-based hardware; much easier for programmers to deal with, than the predecessor's CELL-based architecture (that weird PowerPC incarnation).

Before Kaz Hirai took the position as CEO, there was talk about porting the PS Vita OS to other devices, such as smartphones and tablets. As it is, these rumors have subsided, and personally I find it MUCH more likely, that Sony would make a next-generation hand-held console, based on Android than anything else.

Many don't know it - but actually a lot of digital cameras and TVs, actually uses Android.

And with Android will probably come HTML5 and WebGL and all our dreams will come ever so true :D
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:46 pm

truefalcon wrote:what if you programmed the exporter to handle it in a different code like the same way yoyogames is doing?
I mean pure html5 can be good and all, but if a wii or wii u can handle it, why not a playstation vita, or make it possible to make games for playstation vita and 3 and 4 and xbox 360 and xbox one and nintendo ds in the future? *PLEEZE*

I was at MVA the other day following the C2 course just for fun, and one of the tech evangelist said this:
There are plans for the Universal format to support Xbox, but no details have been announced at this time.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

This might be the 2nd console we can reach after wiiu, should be a great news if it ever happen. :D

@Ashley, does it mean the export to Windows store also deploy-able to Xbox, if they ever support xbox through their universal format?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General