Please do not adjust official plugins or behaviors

For developers using the Construct 2 Javascript SDK

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:44 pm

I just found out about github, which is a good idea.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

@BurningWood - you shouldn't need the SDK for that. Construct 2 has good built-in physics.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 am

@ Ashley,

Perhaps I am mis-understood the test below. For the box frame rate issue they are showing, is it a problem with porting the game to a OS system, if so, then would a Javascript plug-in fix issues on other OS's?
What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PeGbMvpz4M

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm

@BurningWood: CocoonJS will soon have its own support of the box2D library which should fix those performances issues on mobile.
(Actually, C2 already has it implemented but I think it's still a bit buggy on CocoonJS' side but a new version of the launcher should be released this week and probably fix this issue).

This test is 3 months old and not really reliable imo.
Mainstream comparison of people who hardly took the time to master any of the engines they are talking about to do some "stats" and views.Kyatric2013-07-01 13:15:51
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:51 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] [...]In your code, check the properties exist as expected, so it is not broken if the user chooses a non-Sprite object.[...][/QUOTE]
I wish the SDK would support a "types of object allowed" parameter, so we would be able to specify that a behavior can only attach to sprite/tiled background/button/etc

[QUOTE=mcduck] Why dont you support formal extension methods aka the decorator pattern?[/QUOTE]
Seconded.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Wouldn't it be ideal to inherit from the official plugins?

Don't know how this is handled in javascript though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:17 pm

So... I'm guilty here... but in my defense there wasn't much of an alternative - at least not that I can see.

Ashley wrote:...Construct 2 has good built-in physics.

...Yes, but at the same time... no.

physics support in construct 2 is limited when compared with box 2d. I need kinematic bodies and prismatic joints (basic and very much needed box2d functionality). I have been basically told that these features will probably not officially make it to construct 2. I edited the official behavior to expose this functionality. It took like 2 hours, and that was knowing nothing about behaviors and javascript. It works just fine and still does.

How else can I make this happen if not by altering the official physics behavior?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:48 pm

@ruskul: make sure the physics edit you have done has a different id than the official physics plugin, a slightly different name, and that should be fine enough.

Also I do not know but, maybe with cocoonjs being depreciated, the need for the cocoonJS native physics engine would be less relevant
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:00 pm

@Aphrodite: So it is okay to use them so long as they get renamed? That's okay then. I thought Ashely meant not to build off of them period. I understand why but I didn't know if what I had done was not the right answer for the problem.

I know others would disagree, but I would be happy to see cocoonJS go if it meant potentially getting more out of box2d in construct. But, as I am a pc only developer, I feel like my say is one sided.

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:05 pm

@ruskul it is more a matter of not releasing publicly a slight update of an official plugin that everyone would use and which will, with time, not work as well as the official one, as long as it is for yourself, and that it does not conflict with the official one inside the editor itself, and that would add features that are said to be not added in the near future, that is fair in my opinion.
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Javascript SDK