Please explain this project?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Just want to learn how this is accomplished.

dropbox.com/s/ctxu8zuj6ftcgbm/ScrMenu.capx?dl=0

Like:
1) What is "MenuCheck" in the project files.

2) How did they get the Y positions to come to -73, and 553?

3) When I do the same, my sprites collapse on each other when it moves up/down. Whereas theirs keep their alignment. (I copy/pasted my sprites to make multiples of them, I assume this is what they did too? Otherwise, did they do something extra that I did not notice?).

4) How can I apply this to "Touch". so instead of clicking the up+down buttons, the user can touch the screen and scroll, and still have the boundary set so the user will stop at the top and bottom.

Thank you.
B

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm

1) A collision check to detect mouse clicks over the button area
2) Those are the stop positions for when the menu is supposed to not be able to scroll further up/down. So it depends on how long your menu is.
3) All icons are in 1 image, mind that.
4) one possibility: https://copy.com/umNSJFdVrFWUhtcu
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:45 pm

try this one Scroll&Slide.capx

B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:50 pm

mindfaQ wrote:1) A collision check to detect mouse clicks over the button area
2) Those are the stop positions for when the menu is supposed to not be able to scroll further up/down. So it depends on how long your menu is.
3) All icons are in 1 image, mind that.
4) one possibility: ...

Thank you SO much! and @Korbaach too! Been stuck with this problem for a week to no avail and today I've done it. Learnt how to do it in the future too, (didn't just want to copy/paste without learning). Again, thanks all!
B

Return to How do I....?