Please Help About Load Image!!

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 am

help1.png

My project need download sprite'image from server
and show in given sprite(imagebox)
the issue = i can't only load image to given sprite(imagebox)
when i use load image f..... aciton
it will replace all of sprite(imagebox)
how can i only replace which i need sprite please???

Youtube: http://youtu.be/OuvhtEJa4q8
(You can see i can set angle by which sprtie i need,but i can't load image to only which i need)
Thankyou everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:31 am

after performing action on that sprite ( on tocuhed object for example) add another second condition ( pick instanc's unique id UID ) and add the actions , it will only affect the picked instance.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 am

warville wrote:after performing action on that sprite and another second condition ( pick instanc's unique id UID ) and add the actions , it will only affect the picked instance.

As far as I know, the load from URL affects every instances regardless of the picking.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:37 am

warville wrote:after performing action on that sprite ( on tocuhed object for example) add another second condition ( pick instanc's unique id UID ) and add the actions , it will only affect the picked instance.

No..
You can try it by yourself
Are you sure you have seen my YouTube?
I can change angle
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 am

I would make some small empty animation frames and load the pictures to different frames.

Here is similar system I made using array to keep track of images.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Katala wrote:I would make some small empty animation frames and load the pictures to different frames.

I have about 3XX image need donwload from server
What you mean is i need make about 3XX frame for load image?
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm

fongka2 wrote:
Katala wrote:I would make some small empty animation frames and load the pictures to different frames.

I have about 3XX image need donwload from server
What you mean is i need make about 3XX frame for load image?

omg....Your way is working...
but i hate doing this :oops:
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Do you really need to load 300+ frames at once? If you have images that large it would't be so good idea.

I know it is a bit of a hack but since C2 won't allow creating new frames at runtime that is the method I would use for now.

Based on your video you probably don't need quite as complicated system. I made that system mostly for keeping track of level textures and such where they are loaded externally and there is a lot of same images.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 pm

I could be totally wrong, but I think the paster plugin by r0j0hound may be a better solution for that use.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Katala wrote:Do you really need to load 300+ frames at once? If you have images that large it would't be so good idea.

I know it is a bit of a hack but since C2 won't allow creating new frames at runtime that is the method I would use for now.

Based on your video you probably don't need quite as complicated system. I made that system mostly for keeping track of level textures and such where they are loaded externally and there is a lot of same images.

I'm making a Skout like app
so i need create image @ runtime
B
S

Return to How do I....?