PLEASE HELP ASAP Live game broken on mobile!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the urgency but my partner just launched a game I built for them and it's broken on mobile! The game works fine in a page on its own but break's in the iframe on their mobile site.

The canvas size of the site and the canvas size you are specifying for the game are in conflict.

Enclosed an example of what it is doing on an ipad. The game continually attempts to reload and resize itself within the site. Almost looks like an animation as it stutters trying to decide on a size.

Link to the game:
http://www.southwestvacations.com/speci ... /game.aspx

Edit: Current version at the link is a broken Outer Scale version I gave them to try, but it has the same issue on mobile.

Link to download version of capx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/672 ... obile.capx
Any help you can provide would be immensely appreciated.
Last edited by RighteousNando on Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 7:44 pm

It looks like it could be one of a couple of things: a parallax problem on one of your layers is possible - but it's more likely that you have scale inner selected rather than scale outer for the full screen in browser setting. It's hard to say without the capx of course. Hope that helps.

Edit - on mobile so can't download...
Last edited by Colludium on Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 pm

I have it set to letterbox scale
B

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm

And do you have any events which call the request fullscreen event?
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Nope. I've added a version of the capx to the OP
B

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 pm

I can't really open any CAPX right now (At work) but I would also look at the export type you used, scale outer might be a better option than letterbox if you can't get it to fit right on the screen. You should also look at the layout size, windows size and the iframe size on the page. It's not just the canvas, but if the game is in an iframe you need to make sure the iframe is the right size. Putting letterbox will still give you borders if the iframe size isn't a good fit for the canvas. The other scale modes help here.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 9:50 pm

I gave them an Outer Scale to try and it still has the exact same issue. I really am at a loss for what to do here.
B

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Anyone??
B

Return to Construct 2 General