Please help me. LAG!!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:35 pm

guys i have a 3gb ram computer and once i open my project on construct not even previewing it my physical memory becomes on 98% like construct 2 ALONE takes 85% of my memory!!!!!! my whole pc crashes and i have to turn it off. btw once i close construct 2 my memory goes down to 14%. like are you serious!

i dont know what to do! i tried every thing i scanned for viruses i deleted ALL unnecessary programs or programs that run in the background i even made my windoes 7 from aero to basic to lower the memory down and increase some performance, i deleted my %temp% files and still nothing happens.

please answer me asap!! i neeed to finish my progect in under a weeks time. and i cant even open construct 2!!!

note that didn't happen before i updated my consturct 2 to r178.
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Are you saying that just launching C2 without a project, eats up that amount of memory?

If so, then I would suggest uninstalling C2, reboot and reinstall from a fresh downloaded C2, or even install the previous version, because I know you would have kept a backup before updating!?

C2 takes up virtually no resources, memory or CPU, on my Win 7 PC, so something is definitely amiss.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 pm

zenox98 wrote:Are you saying that just launching C2 without a project, eats up that amount of memory?

If so, then I would suggest uninstalling C2, reboot and reinstall from a fresh downloaded C2, or even install the previous version, because I know you would have kept a backup before updating!?

C2 takes up virtually no resources, memory or CPU, on my Win 7 PC, so something is definitely amiss.

no not without opening the project but without previewing it .
i dont know i will try that because i really tried EVERYTHING to boost my ram and it did boost it but still not even close to enough for the enormous amount of memory it takes
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm

When you load your project, what does it say at the bottom of the C2 window for 'memory use'? This is the estimated memory size that the largest layout will use.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 pm

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same thing its memory keeps increasing and increasing till it reaches 200,500,000K !!!!!!!
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Does this happen when just loading your project, or when you try previewing it?

If it's when previewing, then have you tried using debug to see if you have a runaway cascade bug whereby it's creating an endless number of objects?

Other than that, yuo might need to post your.capx for others to try for you.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 pm

IGamesProduction wrote:it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

The fact you are using the free version says you didn't abide by the laws of performance. Your project shouldn't go bigger than 250mb, and that is on pretty big game. My guess is you have some pretty big images (lots of pixels) which might be 1mb compressed, but images decompress in memory which means even 15 very big images will bring most computers to a standstill.

Ashley has writen lots with regards to images/performance and tips etc.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:28 am

DUTOIT wrote:
IGamesProduction wrote:it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

The fact you are using the free version says you didn't abide by the laws of performance. Your project shouldn't go bigger than 250mb, and that is on pretty big game. My guess is you have some pretty big images (lots of pixels) which might be 1mb compressed, but images decompress in memory which means even 15 very big images will bring most computers to a standstill.

Ashley has writen lots with regards to images/performance and tips etc.

indeed i have a very big game.... i want to make a complete game...diffrent levels, level select, main menue , tutorial........
and also i am still considered a beginner thus i am not very good at compresssing my games to the limit! but i'll try to do that
Banned User
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:28 am

zenox98 wrote:Does this happen when just loading your project, or when you try previewing it?

If it's when previewing, then have you tried using debug to see if you have a runaway cascade bug whereby it's creating an endless number of objects?

Other than that, yuo might need to post your.capx for others to try for you.

nah just when i am loading not even previewing it. i dont think its because of my progect. like 270mb of memory aren't that big to make a 3gb memory computer stay still! btw i never open any other program along side c2 in the same tome.
Banned User
B
S

Next

Return to Construct 2 General