Please help me. LAG!!

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • guys i have a 3gb ram computer and once i open my project on construct not even previewing it my physical memory becomes on 98% like construct 2 ALONE takes 85% of my memory!!!!!! my whole pc crashes and i have to turn it off. btw once i close construct 2 my memory goes down to 14%. like are you serious!

i dont know what to do! i tried every thing i scanned for viruses i deleted ALL unnecessary programs or programs that run in the background i even made my windoes 7 from aero to basic to lower the memory down and increase some performance, i deleted my %temp% files and still nothing happens.

please answer me asap!! i neeed to finish my progect in under a weeks time. and i cant even open construct 2!!!

note that didn't happen before i updated my consturct 2 to r178.

• Are you saying that just launching C2 without a project, eats up that amount of memory?

If so, then I would suggest uninstalling C2, reboot and reinstall from a fresh downloaded C2, or even install the previous version, because I know you would have kept a backup before updating!?

C2 takes up virtually no resources, memory or CPU, on my Win 7 PC, so something is definitely amiss.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you saying that just launching C2 without a project, eats up that amount of memory?

If so, then I would suggest uninstalling C2, reboot and reinstall from a fresh downloaded C2, or even install the previous version, because I know you would have kept a backup before updating!?

C2 takes up virtually no resources, memory or CPU, on my Win 7 PC, so something is definitely amiss.

no not without opening the project but without previewing it .

i dont know i will try that because i really tried EVERYTHING to boost my ram and it did boost it but still not even close to enough for the enormous amount of memory it takes

• When you load your project, what does it say at the bottom of the C2 window for 'memory use'? This is the estimated memory size that the largest layout will use.

• it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

• i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same thing its memory keeps increasing and increasing till it reaches 200,500,000K !!!!!!!

• Does this happen when just loading your project, or when you try previewing it?

If it's when previewing, then have you tried using debug to see if you have a runaway cascade bug whereby it's creating an endless number of objects?

Other than that, yuo might need to post your.capx for others to try for you.

• it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

The fact you are using the free version says you didn't abide by the laws of performance. Your project shouldn't go bigger than 250mb, and that is on pretty big game. My guess is you have some pretty big images (lots of pixels) which might be 1mb compressed, but images decompress in memory which means even 15 very big images will bring most computers to a standstill.

Ashley has writen lots with regards to images/performance and tips etc.

• > it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

>

The fact you are using the free version says you didn't abide by the laws of performance. Your project shouldn't go bigger than 250mb, and that is on pretty big game. My guess is you have some pretty big images (lots of pixels) which might be 1mb compressed, but images decompress in memory which means even 15 very big images will bring most computers to a standstill.

Ashley has writen lots with regards to images/performance and tips etc.

indeed i have a very big game.... i want to make a complete game...diffrent levels, level select, main menue , tutorial........

and also i am still considered a beginner thus i am not very good at compresssing my games to the limit! but i'll try to do that

• Does this happen when just loading your project, or when you try previewing it?

If it's when previewing, then have you tried using debug to see if you have a runaway cascade bug whereby it's creating an endless number of objects?

Other than that, yuo might need to post your.capx for others to try for you.

nah just when i am loading not even previewing it. i dont think its because of my progect. like 270mb of memory aren't that big to make a 3gb memory computer stay still! btw i never open any other program along side c2 in the same tome.

• >

> > it just says 270mb but on my task maneger it is ALOT ALOT more it is in gbs like for real it takes ALL my memory

> >

> The fact you are using the free version says you didn't abide by the laws of performance. Your project shouldn't go bigger than 250mb, and that is on pretty big game. My guess is you have some pretty big images (lots of pixels) which might be 1mb compressed, but images decompress in memory which means even 15 very big images will bring most computers to a standstill.

>

> Ashley has writen lots with regards to images/performance and tips etc.

>

indeed i have a very big game.... i want to make a complete game...diffrent levels, level select, main menue , tutorial........

and also i am still considered a beginner thus i am not very good at compresssing my games to the limit! but i'll try to do that

And with C2 you can make very very big games

I see you said it is not in preview... I've seen this issue before on the forums. What OS you using?

I can't rememeber what was behind - something about loading assets and how the OS did it. I can't remember if it was XP, Vista or both.... or windows 8.

I would image the issue would be on a xp/vista.

I can't remember where I saw it.

If it is recent, then drop a bug report, I'm sure ashley will enlighten you.

• ok maybe its from my huge pictures..... i compressed the pictures but i cant't even open construct 2 tor replace the old ones

• If you have been saving as a .capx, then unpack the .capx to a new folder using such programs as Winzip or 7zip. This will give you the project structure. You should then be able to access all the files and images. Try overwriting some of the largest images with your newer smaller ones, ensuring the names are exactly alike.

This may not work, but worth a try, and if it's in it's own new folder, then it won't affect the original.

Alternatively, upload to a free hosting site such as Dropbox and post the link here for others to try and fix it for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)