please help me understand this liscensing:

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • some folks in chat gave it a quick overview, and think it should be fine, but anyone who is confident about their ability to interpret licenses, please give it a look over for me, as I cannot afford a lawyer at the moment:

http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/wiki/index.php?title=Licensing

please if you're not sure you know what you're talking about don't answer. not trying to be rude, but it's used in the fluid plugin, and I hadn't realized at first that although the fluid plugin source code explicitly states its free for commercial use, this doesn't.

I need to know if I can use this to make a plugin for construct that will potentially be used to create commercial games, and if distributing the TBB dlls along with the plugin, and along with games created with the plugins if that would also be allowed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not a lawyer, and english is not my native language...

Having said this, from what I understand you should be safe. A plugin is part of an executable (in this case Construct) and should be valid for the libstdC++ Runtime Exception (but only if you are creating the plugin with this library), which frees you from gpl. That makes it possible to not only distribute it with the dlls, but also offer your own licensing, assuring that games developed with content created by the plugin may be commercial and don't need to offer any source code.

I'm not a lawyer, and english is not my native language...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)