Please help US! Multiple instances of exe error!

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello guys,

we have a possible release with a big publisher.

But we they have encountered a problem while wrapping our exe build.

Here is the problem the Publisher mentions:

We wrap all of our games with a free trial timer, and when Gem Break is launched, the timer expires at an unusually fast rate. We think we’ve discovered where the problem might be coming from, though. When the game is running, there are multiple instances (about 4 or 5) of the .exe process running in the background. There should only be one main executable process running for it to be compatible with our DRM wrapper and the trial timer. Could you please look into this issue?

Can anyone help us out, i have no idea why this would happen!

Ashley

The only thing i can think of is that there is an error with C2 exe export.

Or that it might be caused because we use a faster timescale in our game

(but that should not affect a wrapper right?)

• You'll want to change nwjs to use a single process.

• THANK YOU newt

<3 much love your way!

Could that be it?`how do i change that!

• Timescale in the game should not affect an external wrapper right?

• Its related to the issue here:

Looks like it's close to being resolved.

• This is so typical every time we are about to break through, we are limited by 3rd party bugs and errors.

We tried this on Mobile, and now with nw.js. Just our luck as usual.

I really hope that C3 will not rely so much on 3rd party compilers, exporters and so on..

But thanks newt

• Can i install the Stable v0.18.5 NW.JS

From their site instead of Scirra's nw.js release?

Would that work, or does the scirra version include something extra?

• Someone had the bright idea of making multiple processes to handle bottlenecks without taking how things are used into account.

Then again, programs that watch other programs is pretty sketchy to begin with.

Im sure Ashley will be doing an update to the Scirra version as soon as he can.

• We just have to wait nervously and hope for the best then. I just hope our publisher has more patience than us.

• Someone had the bright idea of making multiple processes to handle bottlenecks without taking how things are used into account.

Then again, programs that watch other programs is pretty sketchy to begin with.

Im sure Ashley will be doing an update to the Scirra version as soon as he can.

Electrolysis is a great thing, I mean who would've thought that serious gaming using a browser would be a thing in the future if you want to go that deep into it.

xanxion If you really got no time left to spare and need it right now you could write a script to execute the command line version of the arg to enable single processing.

They fixed all the bugs about it but it's currently not working using it as an arg inside the package.json file.

(Don't ask me how to do it, I just heard that it's possible to do. )

Also I really hope that Ashley won't do any changes to the package.json files since I've customized mine a lot.

I think a short note about how you could enable single processing in the manual should be good enough.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is another case of other software not working. It's up to the DRM wrapper to support multi-process applications correctly. I think you can force NW.js to run in a single process still, but it's not really anything to do with C2 or NWjs, the problem is with the DRM wrapper. It actually sounds like a pretty straightforward bug, they just need to tweak how the timer measurements are made.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)