Please improve gamepad plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:36 am

Hi,

I would like to ask to improve the gamepad plugin.

First of all, add separate expressions for "last button pressed" and "last button released". Atm when two buttons are being hold simultaneously, but then one released, the released button is not registered when "On gamepad button Gamepad.LastButton()". (Maybe there is another way if anyone knows? )
Secondly please fix the issue where there are no keycodes for for left and right analog stick UP and LEFT directions.

Thanks!
M
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am

You should already be able to get the last pressed vs. last released simply by updating two global variables to the LastButton expression in 'On any button pressed' and 'On any button released'.

I'm not sure what the problem with the analog sticks is: they are axes, not buttons, so they don't have keycodes. You have to handle keys and axes separately.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Ashley wrote:You should already be able to get the last pressed vs. last released simply by updating two global variables to the LastButton expression in 'On any button pressed' and 'On any button released'.

I'm not sure what the problem with the analog sticks is: they are axes, not buttons, so they don't have keycodes. You have to handle keys and axes separately.

Hi, Ok, i get it now how the sticks are working, and why I can see 2 keycodes instead of 4. Released buttons works like a charm. Was so fixated on keycodes that I've missed that. Thanks!
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General