Please remove "link" block for new users!!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I want to ask this because it makes things very difficult for everyone. most of the new forum subscribers register itself to ask for support and most of the time they are beginners for whom also explaining itself is difficult, it makes them very necessary to ask them to link a project file to check it but here the problem arises because they can not link it. And everything is more complicated. I do not understand the reasons for this limitation but if it were possible to remove it would be better, I invite the staff to reconsider this rule.

• The limit was added as a spam fighting measure. There are still spam accounts that get through registration and blocking the links is the best way to stop them until a mod can recognize it as spam.

Anyways, that doesn’t preclude new users from posting links. You can put the link inside code tags or add spaces in a few spots in the link. Or as a different user you can see the blocked link by just looking at the page source if you feel so inclined.

At any rate, a new user will get enough rep in a short time anyway.

• The limit was added as a spam fighting measure. There are still spam accounts that get through registration and blocking the links is the best way to stop them until a mod can recognize it as spam.

Anyways, that doesn’t preclude new users from posting links. You can put the link inside code tags or add spaces in a few spots in the link. Or as a different user you can see the blocked link by just looking at the page source if you feel so inclined.

At any rate, a new user will get enough rep in a short time anyway.

you're right, but it is also true that spammers enter and spam anyway , while most users encounter difficulties in putting links and many times they desist from doing so because this block..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As a mod, I would have to disagree with you.

I already spend hours a day splitting / moving / moderating Topics posted by spam accounts that include numerous dodgy links. Those links could easily link to drive-by malware attacks, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially some of the much younger visitors we get here.

As R0J0 has said, it isn't difficult to add a link anyway, and there are numerous posts - and stickied Topics - around that tell you how to ask for help and post links. The 'faq' and especially the 'Tips for Posting' topics frequently go unread.

*My 2.5 cents.

• As a mod, I would have to disagree with you.

I already spend hours a day splitting / moving / moderating Topics posted by spam accounts that include numerous dodgy links. Those links could easily link to drive-by malware attacks, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, especially some of the much younger visitors we get here.

As R0J0 has said, it isn't difficult to add a link anyway, and there are numerous posts - and stickied Topics - around that tell you how to ask for help and post links. The 'faq' and especially the 'Tips for Posting' topics frequently go unread.

*My 2.5 cents.

yeah i see that too, those damned passport fake posts or similar

understand your position, ideal would be a identity checked account but that could be very hard to manage and also discourage user on forum subscription

there would be an alternative, to be able to upload a project file directly to the forum server, append the file into the topic window.. something similar to Scirra Arcade services but only reserved for file projects issues.. if it were possible it would be ideal

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)