(Please Reply) Website Doesn't Allow for Update

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I have already tried changing the version and it didn't work.

I can upload new scripts all I want but when it comes to icons, images, and media I have to go into the .zip file and delete these in order to update the game. This becomes an issue when you want to include updated images, more specifically the "shared-0-sheet0.png" file.

The only solution I see is dissecting the .zip file, renaming the image, and then changing all the scripts. Is there a way to avoid this workaround? How are we supposed to upload new graphics if the "file already exists" and the website does not want to replace these files? Is there a setting we can choose to avoid this issue?

I see this issue posted a lot and to no avail.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have already tried changing the version and it didn't work.

I can upload new scripts all I want but when it comes to icons, images, and media I have to go into the .zip file and delete these in order to update the game. This becomes an issue when you want to include updated images, more specifically the "shared-0-sheet0.png" file.

The only solution I see is dissecting the .zip file, renaming the image, and then changing all the scripts. Is there a way to avoid this workaround? How are we supposed to upload new graphics if the "file already exists" and the website does not want to replace these files? Is there a setting we can choose to avoid this issue?

I see this issue posted a lot and to no avail.

Have you followed the suggestions posted by Kyatric HERE?

Especially check for errors in the browser control.

Have you tried deleting and just re-uploading? A bit drastic, I agree but until Tom or another employee of Scirra can get around to investigate, it may be worth a try.

• > I have already tried changing the version and it didn't work.

>

> I can upload new scripts all I want but when it comes to icons, images, and media I have to go into the .zip file and delete these in order to update the game. This becomes an issue when you want to include updated images, more specifically the "shared-0-sheet0.png" file.

>

> The only solution I see is dissecting the .zip file, renaming the image, and then changing all the scripts. Is there a way to avoid this workaround? How are we supposed to upload new graphics if the "file already exists" and the website does not want to replace these files? Is there a setting we can choose to avoid this issue?

>

> I see this issue posted a lot and to no avail.

>

Have you followed the suggestions posted by Kyatric HERE?

Especially check for errors in the browser control.

Have you tried deleting and just re-uploading? A bit drastic, I agree but until Tom or another employee of Scirra can get around to investigate, it may be worth a try.

I have tried the suggestions in this thread but still no luck, the website doesn't want to replace any old graphics or audio and I get the "file already exists error".

Re-uploading the game would be a quick fix but I really don't want to lose my stats, thank you for your suggestions though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)