Please someone can try this apk?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Emergency!, emergency! A bugged game created with C2 is in play store!.

Please follow these steps to check the error, the error is that the game screen is reduced.

This error is bugging my game!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckz45bex7b7nk1k/Bug.apk?dl=0

1 - install
2 - run and check that there are no margins up and down in landscape format
3 - press the task button in the background and close it all
4 - run the test again and check the margins.

If there is no error in step 4 experiment with step 3.

I also uploaded a video.
https://youtu.be/L6CAro8-6Pc

Apk config Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lsfqcaieysdt ... a.png?dl=0

Full screen is lossed in your mobile?

IMPORTANT
Just to clarify something
I think there is a misunderstanding regarding what I mean when I say full screen.
I mean that the margins up and down are busy but on the sides there are some very small margins.
Conversely, when the full screen is lost, then the margins are also up and down and the sides are larger.

You can see it in the gif I put before. http://imgur.com/a/P4Xrq
When the yellow arrows appear the full screen is lost, when there are no arrows there is full screen but there are some small margins on the sides, those small margins I do not care but what I would like to solve is that you do not miss the full screen and get you run on all devices with full screen with these small margins at the sides.
Last edited by The Mnk on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:53 pm

@The Mnk
I have tested on a huawei tablet 8 inch. I have margins top-down-left and rigth. Even close and reopen still margins on 4 sides. Not fullscreen
MY APPS ON GOOGLEPLAY
ImageImageImage
B
39
S
14
Posts: 100
Reputation: 2,923

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Rasputin wrote:@The Mnk
I have tested on a huawei tablet 8 inch. I have margins top-down-left and rigth. Even close and reopen still margins on 4 sides. Not fullscreen


Thanks for the info!.
This is happening to several people, what am I supposed to do?

Here I make the difference:
http://imgur.com/a/P4Xrq
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:30 pm

What resolution are you using on your project?
Scale outer?
MY APPS ON GOOGLEPLAY
ImageImageImage
B
39
S
14
Posts: 100
Reputation: 2,923

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:23 am

Rasputin wrote:What resolution are you using on your project?
Scale outer?


Use 400x240
Letterbox scale
This also happens without using crosswalk, I mean, compile in xdk without crosswalk
Last edited by The Mnk on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Wow!, Why so small?
I just trying a capx of another guy from the forum with similar properties.
He uses 426x240 with scale inner.
It looks full screen on my device on preview on browser, but I didn´t compile to make a real test.
Maybe is helpful.
:)
MY APPS ON GOOGLEPLAY
ImageImageImage
B
39
S
14
Posts: 100
Reputation: 2,923

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Rasputin wrote:Wow!, Why so small?
I just trying a capx of another guy from the forum with similar properties.
He uses 426x240 with scale inner.
It looks full screen on my device on preview on browser, but I didn´t compile to make a real test.
Maybe is helpful.
:)


When I realized that maybe it was not the best resolution for mobile devices I already had too much work done.
Thanks for the data of 426x240, I do not know if that could be of any use to me but I will investigate it.
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:11 pm

As far as I am aware, Letterbox scale doesn't fill the whole screen. If the device has different aspect ratio (usually they have 16 : 9, but they can also have 4 : 3 or 3 : 2 etc.), then black bars will be shown. I usually use Scale outer and then position the elements correctly, so the game fills the screen.

You may want to check out this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes
B
32
S
7
G
4
Posts: 397
Reputation: 4,589

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:30 pm

grigrizljac wrote:As far as I am aware, Letterbox scale doesn't fill the whole screen. If the device has different aspect ratio (usually they have 16 : 9, but they can also have 4 : 3 or 3 : 2 etc.), then black bars will be shown. I usually use Scale outer and then position the elements correctly, so the game fills the screen.

You may want to check out this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes


My problem is the loss of the full screen.
I do not need the game window to occupy the entire mobile screen.
I just want to not miss the full screen, in the gif I put before you can see the difference when there is full screen and when it is lost.
I just want not to miss that full screen.
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:36 pm

The only conclusion I get is that this is a bug in android because it also happens with webview although in a different way.
B
29
S
12
G
20
Posts: 755
Reputation: 13,853

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: paradine and 1 guest