Please someone can try this apk?

0 favourites
  • Emergency!, emergency! A bugged game created with C2 is in play store!.

Please follow these steps to check the error, the error is that the game screen is reduced.

This error is bugging my game!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckz45bex7b7nk1k/Bug.apk?dl=0

1 - install

2 - run and check that there are no margins up and down in landscape format

3 - press the task button in the background and close it all

4 - run the test again and check the margins.

If there is no error in step 4 experiment with step 3.

I also uploaded a video.

https://youtu.be/L6CAro8-6Pc

Apk config Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lsfqcaieysdt ... a.png?dl=0

Full screen is lossed in your mobile?

IMPORTANT

Just to clarify something

I think there is a misunderstanding regarding what I mean when I say full screen.

I mean that the margins up and down are busy but on the sides there are some very small margins.

Conversely, when the full screen is lost, then the margins are also up and down and the sides are larger.

You can see it in the gif I put before. http://imgur.com/a/P4Xrq

When the yellow arrows appear the full screen is lost, when there are no arrows there is full screen but there are some small margins on the sides, those small margins I do not care but what I would like to solve is that you do not miss the full screen and get you run on all devices with full screen with these small margins at the sides.

• the Mnk

I have tested on a huawei tablet 8 inch. I have margins top-down-left and rigth. Even close and reopen still margins on 4 sides. Not fullscreen

• the Mnk

I have tested on a huawei tablet 8 inch. I have margins top-down-left and rigth. Even close and reopen still margins on 4 sides. Not fullscreen

Thanks for the info!.

This is happening to several people, what am I supposed to do?

Here I make the difference:

http://imgur.com/a/P4Xrq

• What resolution are you using on your project?

Scale outer?

• What resolution are you using on your project?

Scale outer?

Use 400x240

Letterbox scale

This also happens without using crosswalk, I mean, compile in xdk without crosswalk

• Wow!, Why so small?

I just trying a capx of another guy from the forum with similar properties.

He uses 426x240 with scale inner.

It looks full screen on my device on preview on browser, but I didn´t compile to make a real test.

Maybe is helpful.

• Wow!, Why so small?

I just trying a capx of another guy from the forum with similar properties.

He uses 426x240 with scale inner.

It looks full screen on my device on preview on browser, but I didn´t compile to make a real test.

Maybe is helpful.

When I realized that maybe it was not the best resolution for mobile devices I already had too much work done.

Thanks for the data of 426x240, I do not know if that could be of any use to me but I will investigate it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as I am aware, Letterbox scale doesn't fill the whole screen. If the device has different aspect ratio (usually they have 16 : 9, but they can also have 4 : 3 or 3 : 2 etc.), then black bars will be shown. I usually use Scale outer and then position the elements correctly, so the game fills the screen.

You may want to check out this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

• As far as I am aware, Letterbox scale doesn't fill the whole screen. If the device has different aspect ratio (usually they have 16 : 9, but they can also have 4 : 3 or 3 : 2 etc.), then black bars will be shown. I usually use Scale outer and then position the elements correctly, so the game fills the screen.

You may want to check out this tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

My problem is the loss of the full screen.

I do not need the game window to occupy the entire mobile screen.

I just want to not miss the full screen, in the gif I put before you can see the difference when there is full screen and when it is lost.

I just want not to miss that full screen.

• The only conclusion I get is that this is a bug in android because it also happens with webview although in a different way.

• Have you tried to change the fullscreen mode to leterboxscale instead of leterboxinteger?

i never had this problem with intelxdk... seen people having it... but in R239 and R240 never faced it.

also have you tried without converting in intelxdk without using the cordova special stuff?

i used that one time... fked up my app i moved away from it. and since then i never had issues. however i never used ingame ads.

• Have you tried to change the fullscreen mode to leterboxscale instead of leterboxinteger?

i never had this problem with intelxdk... seen people having it... but in R239 and R240 never faced it.

also have you tried without converting in intelxdk without using the cordova special stuff?

i used that one time... fked up my app i moved away from it. and since then i never had issues. however i never used ingame ads.

I think I understood you correctly, you mean avoid using the Cordova plugins.

I just tried that:

No plugins cordova with crosswalk 19, 16 and 17.

There are no positive results.

• im building now a apk with a orange bg for android as intelxdk tutorial compiling should do, then il try one with the cordova package inside

im using the same size as you 400x240 and leterboxscale with landscape locked.

give me a moment.

Edited1: same results as you said on 400x240 its missing like 20 pixels each side... but then i guess the aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 16:10 ... that is the issue you have... that 400x240 it should be 480x260 if im not mistaken

let me add another 20 pixels and make it 420 x240

Edited2: yep so its the aspect ratio you need to follow the 16:9 or 16:10 what ever the size of 440 x240 is .. i did the test on the size of 420x240 and the margins are shorter then before, they now missing like 10 pixels ... so im guessing just increase the width of your project to 430x240 or 440x240 if that is not a big replacement for you project system, but its only 30 - 40 px difference shouldn't make a big of a difference. unless you have everything scaled down to 1 pixel movement.

430x240 should fix the margins... however to be more safe you can try 440x240

since i never seen a 4:3 aspect ratio mobile phone... maybe ipads or tablets are squarish.. but not mobiles...

• I stay expectant

• im building now a apk with a orange bg for android as intelxdk tutorial compiling should do, then il try one with the cordova package inside

im using the same size as you 400x240 and leterboxscale with landscape locked.

give me a moment.

Edited1: same results as you said on 400x240 its missing like 20 pixels each side... but then i guess the aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 16:10 ... that is the issue you have... that 400x240 it should be 480x260 if im not mistaken

let me add another 20 pixels and make it 420 x240

Edited2: yep so its the aspect ratio you need to follow the 16:9 or 16:10 what ever the size of 440 x240 is .. i did the test on the size of 420x240 and the margins are shorter then before, they now missing like 10 pixels ... so im guessing just increase the width of your project to 430x240 or 440x240 if that is not a big replacement for you project system, but its only 30 - 40 px difference shouldn't make a big of a difference. unless you have everything scaled down to 1 pixel movement.

430x240 should fix the margins... however to be more safe you can try 440x240

since i never seen a 4:3 aspect ratio mobile phone... maybe ipads or tablets are squarish.. but not mobiles...

Which leads to think that this is a bug in android.

I mean the loss of the full screen using 400x240.

It is not normal that the first time you run you have full screen but if you do "close all" then you lose the full screen.

I have to evaluate 440x240.

Thanks for the test!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)