[PLUGIN] appMobi Plugin Updates

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:17 am

Talking of Direct Canvas engine.

Why touched object time response takes more time than safari browser in DC?Joannesalfa2012-11-05 03:17:40
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 am

@Joannesalfa I noticed in your pic that your app takes up the entire screen nicely, however I can never achieve this without setting the window size to exactly the same dimensions as the test device. I have it set to full screen and have tried all different versions, but it just adds black borders and pushes it into a corner.

So I just want to know how to accomplish true fullscreen mode? Am I missing something?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 am

@Tobye did you change a parameter "resize the image" to "keep this current size"?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 am

@Joannesalfa no I did not...where can I find that? I thought I finally had a decent handle on where things were.

EDIT: Just did a little test and found fullscreen DOES work properly, but only when using DC. This is a bit sad, as DC doesn't work for me. @tap any way to fix this for non-DC projects?Tobye2012-11-05 08:48:24
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:29 pm

@Tobye - Looking into it. I'll post back with what I find.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

@Tobye - Have you read over the Scirra post on supporting multiple resolutions? I was going to type up a similar response but I stumbled upon this post. It goes into pretty good detail and provides great explanations.

http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes

Let me know if this helps you. If not I'll work with you and see if we can come up with a solution for you.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

@tap - yeah I have been through that pretty thoroughly a few times. I can get fullscreen to work on everything (previews in Construct, Visual Studios and Direct Canvas apps), just when I don't use direct canvas and go through appMobi the game bunches up into a corner (I would show you a picture, but I actually don't know how to do it on these forums...).

I have another question though, is there any way to work with dynamic text in Direct Canvas? I have been making some little 10 minute RPGs for Windows 8 while waiting for DC and would like to port them over when it's ready, but lack of text object makes it seem undoable.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Hey Joannesalfa

I added "Hide Status Bar"the plugin and it's live on github.

Also how much of a delay are you seeing with touch events? Can you send me the capx to have a look?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey @tap,

I was just playing with the cookie object of appMobi plugin and was wondering... since there's a setCookie action, shouldn't there be also a getCookie? How could one read the value stored in a cookie? I know there's a getCookie in appMobi API, though...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey @Tobye,

If I understand correctly, the issue only presents when you export using the device browser. The project is probably being set to full screen scale letterbox and ends up on the left hand side of the screen, correct?

One thing that I saw that resolved this was to either wrap the canvas tag in center tags or set the style so its centered.

As for fonts under DC, I'll find out from our DC devs when that will be supported. In the mean time, you best best is to use image fonts. (not static images, but where you use images of the letters in place of text). This way you can still generate dynamic sentences but using images instead. I have not checked if there is a C2 plugin for them or not, but Let me know what you find. Again I will get back to you once I find out more.

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons