[PLUGIN] appMobi Plugin Updates

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Hey Mike,

Nope, it is not. All it does is launch the devices browser, so you wont be able to communicate back to the app. It looks like you want to use showRemoteSiteExt. This will open a new webview loading up whatever url you wish. From the child WV you can use mainViewExecute to send data back to the parent.

I believe that is what you are looking for.

A helpful hint, if you don't want to have a "close" icon over your remote site as stated in the docs, just upload a transparent png and set the x,y,w,h of the icon to 0, then in your child just fire closeRemoteSite

I hope that all helps.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 pm

@eldods, "soon", that's so relative. What does "soon" really mean?

But to answer your question, I'm in the middle of improving the directCanvas support for the plugin and part of that is adding more of our api including the accelerometer. I can't promise a specific day yet, within the next couple weeks at the latest I would imagine.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Wow fantastic, that is just what I needed and the helpful hint is very helpful indeed.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks for fast respond. For me to have at least one trigger (On End) will make huge difference. I checked CocoonJS and found that it can handle multiple (On End) Events.

Thank you
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 pm

yea same here thanks for the quick response
@tap soon is better then never hope fully that soon is a small one how far down on your checklist the accelerometer?
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 am

@mikepixie - awesome! I'm glad to hear that is what you need.

@pavelkn - I will add the on end event and update the code on github. As for the ability to control while playing and monitoring of multiple audio files, as soon as our native developers have that implemented I will be sure to add it to the plugin.

@eldods - I am expecting to have it implemented the week of Sept 17. I hope that is ok.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi @tap, back with a quick question: any chance to have in the near future any events/actions for the device's camera implemented in appMobi? Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

@tap sounds great this is just the game chooser for me of weather i go with appmobi or cocoonJS accelerometer support is the most important part of my game i really appreciate how far you guys have been able to take these html5 games and integrate them as native apps its amazing thank you.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey @xyboox,

So you are looking to use the camera in your C2 game? Cool.

Well our JS api does have camera support. I did not implement it into the C2 plugin yet. I did not think it would be an item on anyone's requirements list. But apparently it is. :)

Check out our API doc on it and let me know if this is what you are looking for. If it is, I'll move it up the list for you.

http://appmobi.com/documentation/jsAPI/camera/index.html
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 pm

@tap, it is for sure exactly what I need. And... I hope I'm not crossing the line saying that if geolocation could make it for THE list it would be fantastic for my needs. After all, if there's anything else other then publishing a HTML5 app as native that really makes the difference for appMobi, that would be the access it offers for the devices capabilities through its API. So, having all of this added to the C2 plugin( at some point in the future, maybe...?) would very much make it even more valuable.
So I'm waiting further for THE update :)

Many thanks!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons