[PLUGIN] appMobi Plugin Updates

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Tap!

I am glad that you back fro vacation. DO you have any news for trigger "end of sound" ?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:24 pm

@degortg - My first guess is the app cache is not refreshing so you dont see the changes. To test, change the background color to something else. If it stays black, then you know it has not updated. So you will need to cClear the cache or edit the manifest to resolve that.

Here are the steps I took to resolve it on my end:
1. I removed position:fixed from the css class
2. I wrapped the <canvas> tag in <center> tags
3. Tested in the XDK and it worked
4. Built for android and tested on my tablets and it worked.

Just an FYI this is not an issue with the appmobi build system or the appmobi plugin. I don't know what else I can do for you. What I recommended resolved the problem for me.

So if all the above does not work, I would recommend moving the question under a construct 2 general. It's a more appropriate forum for this question as it's not an appmobi or appmobi plugin issue. Also PM me if you do end up moving the question. I will do what I can to continue to assist you with this issue.

Best of luck!tap2012-09-21 18:25:19
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 pm

@pavelkn - Unfortunately I do not. I have to wait for our native dev team to expose that via the JS api. We have had discussions and will be enhancing our audio support in general. I don't have a solid time frame on that but once they have the api ready, I will add that to the plugin and send you a PM so you don't have to keep checking the files in github. I wish I had a better answer, but the good news is it is pretty high on the to-do list. :)

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 pm

One note when usng the acceleromoeter support that was added to the plugin. I recommend exporting using the phone browser and not DirectCanvas. There seems to be a performance hit due to the need to pass values back and forth between the webview and canvas layers.

If you have any questions just let me know.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 am

@tap,maybe I do not understand it, the cache is updated, but it still does not work, send me index.html?
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

it works, just added a line:
<!-- The canvas must be inside a div called c2canvasdiv -->
     <div id="c2canvasdiv">
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi @Tap

I am following too your initiative for helping us to better use C2 in appmobi environment, and how I am trying to use the javascript API camera commands, without sucess until now, I want to ask your help.

I am using a C2 plugin called CallJS, which connects C2 with JS scripts, so I saved the following code in a .js file, which I called from my C2 code.

document.addEventListener("appMobi.camera.picture.add",onSuccess);
document.addEventListener("appMobi.camera.picture.busy",onSuccess);
document.addEventListener("appMobi.camera.picture.cancel",onSuccess);

function PicImgs()
{
     AppMobi.camera.importPicture();
}

function onSuccess(evt) {
if (evt.success == true)
{
    return AppMobi.camera.getPictureURL(evt.filename);
}
else
{
    if (evt.message != undefined)
    {
        alert(evt.message);
    }
    else
    {
        alert("error capturing picture");
    }
}
}

After being compiled in XDK and installed, the result APK, in a Genesis Tab, as result I can open the native folders and pick some of the images in there, but not receiving the picture URI to use in C2.

And in this link you can find the .capx the CallJS plugin and the .js script, if you want to try.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18104402/calJS.zip

Can you help me? Thanks in advance!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm

@degortg - Wonderful! I'm glad you were able to get the game centered!

@NRABrazil - I will take a quick look at what is going on here. I'm not too familiar with the CallJS plugin but it sounds straight forward. However I am actually working on adding Camera support to the appMobi plugin right now. :) So if you want to tell me either here or in a PM what you would like to be able to do with the camera, I will be sure to make those features a priority as well. If you want to continue on the path of using CallJS, I'll take a look at the capx and see if I can offer any advice. Just let me know.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm

@tap

I just wanted to ask about the status of android and support for directCanvas as well as multitouch. I browsed the last 4 pages but couldn't find anything on that topic.

As far as I can remember, export with directCanvas for optimal app performance was only available for iPhone/iPad.

Could you point me to a place where I can see current features as well as a roadmap with comming features (such as full android support)? That would be a great help as I'm only developing for desktop and android (handheld/tablet) right now due to not owning any i-devices. I couldn't find any definite info on the mobius website... not sure if I looked at the right place.

Thanks a lot, your work so far and any help is appreciated!
MCModalCore2012-09-24 15:31:03
B

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 pm

@tap - you forgot to change the ID of this plugin in the SDK! Please change it as soon as possible! You must not use the same ID as an official plugin. It is already creating difficult compatibility problems. Users are reporting their projects are unopenable, and it is caused by this plugin. We are then having to support these users which is taking up our time. FYI, we officially recommend that you do not copy official plugins, partly because it causes compatibility problems like this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons