[PLUGIN] appMobi Plugin Updates

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey Ashley, will do. I'll call it appMobiDev. Sorry about that. I was expecting folks would just replace the older "official" version with the new changes released by appMobi if they wished to use it.

I know we spoke in the past (ken@appmobi) but we should circle back to figure out when you would like to incorporate some or all of the new features in the dev version.

Again, I'm sorry about support tasks that the naming issue caused for you. No one reported back to the thread with that issue so I assumed they were just replacing the plugin.tap2012-09-24 16:20:52
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Hey MC,

DC and multitouch are released for both iOS and android. DC support is also in the latest appLab for android as well. You will just need to download the latest version.

With regards to DC in C2, I know Ashley has spoken with our DC developers about some multitouch issues when a game is exported and they are looking into it. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on those yet, I just know they are working on it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 pm

@tap

Well, what I am trying to do is furnish to user of an app I am developing the option to choose from images directly in their mobiles. And for what I know this is achieved by your camera commands. How do you said than are developing it too, do you have some schedule for it?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 pm

@NRABrazil - Ok, so you want to pull an image into your game from the phones photo list, not actually take one yourself. Sure that is completely possible. And yes I am adding those features into the plugin and hope to have the updates on gitHub either tomorrow or Wednesday. Will that help you?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm

@tap

Certainly, helps me alot! Thanks again!

And please explain me the function of "Add to media cache" action. My doubt is because, like I know, in C2 this is done automatically by the browser with the use of an APPCACHE file, we do not need to cache media files directly.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey @tap, I saw in appmobi Javascript API documentation, than "CAMERA" controls can use the devices cameras to take pictures too. It is so difficult to implement it too in the plugin? C2 already has a object named "UserMedia" for image capture by webcam, but until now it only works in Chrome on desktops.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm

@NRABrazil - Great. Some answers to your questions below:

1. Add To Media Cache - This has different use cases then the APPCACHE file. When you build your app or game as a hybrid app and sell it in an app store, the Add To Media Cache will let you retrieve and store a remote file locally. So say your app/game wanted to pull in new content via some sort of data, game logic, sound, video or image file. This is the call you would use.

2. Camera - Correct, the camera api allows you to take pictures using the devices (phone, ipod, ipad, etc..) camera. I just added that to the plugin today. I just need to add the a couple other camera calls and then will push the updated plugin to github. If not tomorrow, then definitely Wednesday.

I hope those answered your questions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Great @tap !

I will be waiting!

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:30 am

Hello @tap. I'm just get back to testing after some amazon/Kindle publish. The first thing I did is to go to the repo, and get the fresh version of the appmobidev plugin.

Unfortunately I have trouble with it:
- did copy the 4 files inside the appmobidev dir into my appmobi plugin folder (as did it in the past), the projects not opens cause of plugin id errors
- did copy the full appmobidev folder into the C2's pluign folder (appears next to the official appmobi folder), but have similar plugin id problem

The only thing I can solve this problem were to reinstall C2, and use my oldie (2012.08.28.) appmobi plugin.

I wonder if you can push the new version of AppMobi plugin to the official C2 code! I'm worried about to have 2 objects, and handle them in a project, than someday switch back to use just one of them... :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi @tap,

Thanks man! I am inserting your new plugin in my app! And yesterday I had an invite from a old client to stablish a business partnership in my app, in what the new resources are crucial. I will need to intense use the push message system too.

Thanks again.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons