[PLUGIN] Clay.io Advertisements & Cross Promotion

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 3:46 am

The best I can do for the positioning is be on par with the Construct 2 text-input plugin. The reason being the ads are on a different layer from the game canvas.

Updated the plugin to fix the positioning issues - they were occurring for games that didn't stretch to full screen. Let me know if that fixes the issues you all were having.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Thank you for the update! The problems with the positioning appear to be fixed now.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

I am now seeing it when previewing (with the message that ads don't appear in a preview) and positioning seems fine on mine. Only problem I'm still seeing is that it doesn't work if you upload to Newgrounds, not sure about other places.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Would something like this stop the ad moving when you use scale -

System: Every tick - set position:
X (ViewportLeft("layer") + ViewportRight("layer"))
Y (ViewportTop("layer") + ViewportBottom("layer"))

Obviously you could change the parameters.

Let me know if this helps, not sure if it will :P
B
S

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 am

The most recent update keeps the ads in the correct place regardless of zoom or movement--I guess it really was the fullscreen thing. It jumps slightly, but that's fine for what it is.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 am

@Austin

I seem to have trouble getting the Clay.io ads working on CocoonJS.

The main Clay.io plugin works fine (leaderboards etc.) but not the ads.

Is there anything I should add to the zip (like with the main plugin) before I send it off to @Ludei?

B
S

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Another concern I have with this plugin:

How do you actually use ads that display in end of action screens properly(like you finished a level).

The ad object has to be added in the layout, so unless your end of action screen is a separate one, you have the problem of not displaying it until the appropriate time.

When you try to hide the ad with the action of the plugin, you will unfortunately get a javascript error. Maybe I'm missing something...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 am

@awarmenhoven haven't worked out CocoonJS integration for this plugin yet. On the todo list to see if it's even possible :)

@pixelRebirth I've updated the plugin (advertising plugin) to have a property on whether or not to display the advertisement when loaded. I haven't been able to replicate your problem with the hide advertisement action.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:44 pm

[QUOTE=austin]
@pixelRebirth I've updated the plugin (advertising plugin) to have a property on whether or not to display the advertisement when loaded. I haven't been able to replicate your problem with the hide advertisement action.[/QUOTE]

Oh indeed, the updated version solves the problem. My bad. Thanks for explaining!

Btw the mentioned error happens when you put the hide action in a Start of layout event.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 am

@austin That kind of explains :)

Thanks for the reply.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons