[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 am

[QUOTE=austin]

@Joannesalfa Adsense is fine.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. It could be a good opportunity for game developers to keep making more new games.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:24 pm

And when I look again for the Achievement trigger, there it is, top of the list. {slapping forehead} Thank you.

There are a couple possible achievement bugs. In Construct2 you can't use the "Unique Identifier" as the "Achievement ID" field says it only accepts numbers.
And the Debug mode doesn't seem to be working, Achievements are still being posted to the stream. (Racr may be having a similar problem too, he just posted like 40 screenshots to the Clay stream)
--
and hopefully last on Achievements, Is there a way to sort the list? As I make them up, I would like some form of grouping, except for the completed ones which would appear at the top. (I plan on having 40-50, most hard to get.)
A future wish would be icons on the Achievement window, for completed only, replacing the checkmarks, as they load.
--
And on the Arrays, Storing "Array.AsJSON" and then after retrieving:
"Array | Load JSON string Clayio.Data"
seems to work perfectly,
Thanks!
Paradox2012-10-16 08:11:00
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I was waiting to respond to this until I found some time to get those things fixed/implemented, but so I don't seem like I'm MIA, I'll respond now :) They'll be implemented soon!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 pm

an idea to keep a possible complication simple:
If you are adding a sort for the achievements, it could be just choosing what to sort by, the number (current sort,) the name, or the Unique Identifier, which would be the custom sort as well as the id name.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am

1) Updated the plugin to allow for unique identifiers (strings)

2) Debug mode posts will show up in *your* stream, but not anyone elses, just so you can verify the posting to stream works :) I don't think RACR has his game in debug mode, which is why the screenshots show for you.

3) I made it so you can show the icons when showing all achievements, here's how that shows up: http://screencloud.net/v/dLAa - I can change up the default look of that if that's not ideal.

Grouping is a longer task to tackle, so that's not complete yet (nor have I started it)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

Where do you turn on the achievement icons?
next time you work on it, could the scroll bar be any wider? it's hard to see on the PC, I worry it's invisible on mobile.
My "Show all Achievements" window will require scrolling, (already does) which is why I was hoping for new achievements to show at the top.
No hurry though, I'm not near ready yet.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm

[QUOTE=austin] We just released our persistent data storage feature (for things like game saves that aren't restricted to localstorage). Read the blog post here.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or has anyone else problem with the data storage?

I'm trying to save the interger 1 with the key "Version" and every time I retrieve it, i'll get a "NaN"?!

No big CAPX, but here it is -> CAPX
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 am

NaN is usually the response Construct2 gives when you try to use a number Variable to hold a string. (Not a Number?)

Maybe in Event 7:
Set Temp to int(Clayio.Data)

Or, after looking at what you were actually retrieving, maybe Temp was supposed to be a String Variable?Paradox2012-10-21 10:54:44
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:30 am

NaN could also mean, no data, or am I wrong?

Do you have a working example, that push and pulls data to Clay.IO?!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 am

@Paradox "Where do you turn on the achievement icons?" for the show all achievements, they should be on by default for the ones you have earned.

I think we'll be sticking with the current scrollbar width as it fits nicely in that bevel. The easiest way to scroll is definitely to just use the scroll-wheel, or on mobile touch and drag/flick.

I'll try to implement parameters for sorting the list here in the next couple of days, but if I forget, definitely shoot me an email to remind me :) (austin@clay.io)

@Weishaupt Yep, NaN is Not a Number - basically it's trying to write "undefined" as a number which throws that. To fix, you need to create another condition that waits until the data is fetched. See:
austin2012-10-23 08:26:12
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons