[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 am

I was making my way through the integration of paypal and it was bothersome. Wasn't going to support anything but- then I remembered Clay.IO.

I must say- your documentation is respectable. Glad your service supports Construct 2.

I posted a question on your forums, Here.

Cheers.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you! Responded to the post there
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks Austin I will check this out and tell you what my results are!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:29 am

Hi @austin , how about Clay.io integration with BlackBerry 10 HTML5 WebWorks Games?
I have discussed with RIM BlackBerry representative, @WaterlooErik in this specific forum thread.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60201&PN=3&title=blackberry-10-and-construct-2

@WaterlooErik says:
"@Austin: I'll admit that I'm not familiar with Clay.io, but I'll give it a look. If you do have any intent to port over to BlackBerry 10, let me know and I'll do my best to provide what support I can."
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:37 pm

[QUOTE=austin] It does for the most part - just trying to figure out some issues it has with Android devices, and scaling of the user interface elements, then it should be good to go.

You can follow progress here: http://clay.io/members/community#/discussion/3/construct-2-cocoonjs

The reason you get a black screen is you have to copy over the following files into the .zip Construct 2 generates (you can find them in the Clay.io plugin folder):
[/QUOTE]

Ok... I can not find the logo.png or the c2runtime.js file in the Clay.io plugin folder. But I drove one with what I have but, the problem now is the game on my ipad will just freeze on changing to the layout that has the clay.io show leaderboard on layout start. But it works fine on my desktop on google chrome.

What could be the issue? Can you upload an example file that you know works. Or possibly provide your Clay.io Plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:44 am

Never mind I got it to work thanks Clay for your response and helpfulness!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 am

@kenli I'm downloading the BlackBerry 10 emulator to try things out - it's not my highest priority, but I'll look into supporting it.

@Happyjackie logo.png isn't necessary, and c2runtime.js is generated when exporting to CocoonJS (not a part of the Clay.io plugin). Does CocoonJS log any errors when the game freezes? Do you have a zip file you can send me to test with the CocoonJS launcher? My email is austin@clay.io

EDIT: Looks like I had this thread open for over 5 hours before responding, because I only saw your recent post after posting mine :) Good to hear!

If you post on the Clay.io Community, I'm likely to see the post sooner, but I still periodically check this threadaustin2012-12-17 10:31:10
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:59 pm

It is working fine for me now. But I still have one more hurdle to work through. Now when I click the link on someones name on the leader boards it brings me to the profile page on the clay.io website. This is great but, there is no way for me to get back to the game afterwards. Is there something that I am missing to fix this issue?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:12 pm

I've updated the plugin to open any clicked external links in the web browser rather than the game itself (to prevent that issue).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm

WOW Thanks you are quick!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons