[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 pm

@austin Yeah I guess websockets make sense for multiplayer games and maybe your "multiplayer rooms" feature, but it still kinda confuse me for one-time send and receive simple leaderboards

Anyway, I started to do some testing with a leaderboard and a custom display,
can you explain more in detail LeaderboardRank, LeaderboardRankScore and LeaderboardRankName?
You just mention it quickly in the forums, and they doesn't seem to appear on the docs yet...

Apparently it uses the player name from the last posted score from the plugin session, but tend to retrieve the highest score from that name instead of the last one?
Or do I have to put some variable in there like LeaderboardRank(x)?

EDIT: Also will we be able to edit/delete specific leaderboard scores (one at a time) in the future?lemo2013-01-15 13:00:33
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Can someone help ?
am trying to use clay.io with CocoonJS and [r114] Construct 2, but i am getting a blank screen , i followed all the process of packaging the zip files with the above mentioned files but still no luck, Here are my files with the simplified version, please help, i am really stuck , btw i am trying it in iPhone 5 using CocoonJS Launcher.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80050021/smoothscrollclay.zip (zip files after packing the 4 Clay.io related CocoonJs files and webview folder) - You will see a blank screen

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80050021/smoothscroll.zip - after the export, the screen comes and no touch will work.

Also here is the capx that i used https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80050021/SmoothScroll21.capx it has small leaderboard button to show the leaderboard whe u click on it.

Not when i remove clay.io object everything would work without issues, please advise.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 am

@lemo It would be a bit of a pain to go back and forth between websockets and AJAX (as far as the development process - it is a bit overkill for leaderboards, but for other features it makes sense.

Added info about those to the docs (on the website) - thanks for the reminder!

If you enable debug mode (Clay.io plugin properties) you should be able to delete scores when they show.

@tringio Sent you back an email
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm

@austin okay thanks I seem to get the last score right now!
(ps: in the docs you typed two times LeaderboardRank instead of LeaderboardRankScore)

Now for other suggestions, could we have optional tags for posted/fetched events? For example I may add a secondary leaderboard for the same game for other elements, but I don't want it to trigger the other leaderboard events when I post something

Also to optimize loading times, is it possible to add an action to load manually clay.io when we like, instead of the beginning? Because the player won't post a score at the very first seconds, and I prefer to have all the bandwith available (even if it takes just one second) for my assets and music which are still loading at that time
(if the "load clay.io" action is not present it would load at startup as usual)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

The option In-game Payments of Clay.io, worked if the game is exported for iOS / Android?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 am

Greetings folks.

Is anyone having any trouble with the plugin via the Chrome Web Store? I can't get it to load up and run leaderboards, achievements, etc... it's the only platform that's giving me trouble. Is there anything special you guys know about or you can offer any suggestions?

The game in question is on the Chrome Web Store here.

I appreciate any info; this is driving me nuts. I don't wanna post new projects with clay.io on chrome web store if people can't use the features!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:05 am

@austin
I would love a new option for the leaderboards
For the moment we can choose between 'Individual' and 'Cumulative'
Now how about 'Best', which hides all (useless imo) player duplicates and only fetch the best score for every name?

EDIT: As an alternative, a really useful thing would be a "Delete score" action, or a "Replace:Yes" option in the "Post score" action, so I could delete the previous score(s) from a player before replacing it by the new one if it's a better score (thus making the leaderboard smaller and the charge on your severs lighter...)
I really don't need to have multiple entries for each player in my caselemo2013-01-24 14:44:15
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Austin what has happened with BB10?, I have 20 games, I think about make Blackberry exclusive, and your plugin is key to success of these games.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Can I use this when exporting with node-webkit?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:48 am

[QUOTE=InvaderX] Can I use this when exporting with node-webkit? [/QUOTE]

Just wanted to second that question, Austin. With node-webkit out and desktop export a reality, can we expect clay.io to work with it?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons