[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi @austin,

I know you must've heard it many many times by now, but great work on the fantastic plugin.

I incorporated it into my game today, and it worked really well when testing on the PC.

Unfortunately when I packaged it up for my Android phone (using CocoonJS) the front page opened, but none of the touch controls were active, so I couldn't play the game. I've looked through the API integration tutorial and some of the other doc's out there, but I can't find any answers. Do you have any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I am in the same boat, It doesn't work on Andrioid and even on iOS certain features won't work like "Invite Friends" "Post to Wall" when packaged with CocoonJS. Austin(clay.io developer) said he had been working on it to fix them , but still i haven't seen the fix so far. Unfortunately there is not better way to integrate until the cocoonJS comes with their own extensions and Construct 2 implements in the plugin which i think will happen later after first quarter of 2013.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Looks like there has been a lot of activity here. I don't check here too often, so your best bet is to post on the Clay.io Community.

@lemo If more people request it, I'll get that in for you sooner than later. It's a lower priority right now, but keep mentioning it to me and it will eventually exist :)

I like the idea of a 'best' leaderboard - it's in the new version of the plugin :) link

@urbano Not yet

@Space Ape - The zip file C2 makes for Chrome doesn't set the right security permissions to allow Clay.io to load in the Chrome Web Store. Try the steps here: http://clay.io/docs/chrome

@HenMex Did the plugin previously work on BB10 and now no longer work?

@InvaderX From what I've been told, the plugin doesn't work with node-webkit currently. It's on my todo list

@Blacksmith & @tringio - I now have an Android to test on, and it's working for me, including touch events. Can you download the most recent version of the plugin and take a screenshot of the CocoonJS log when running the game? Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm

@austin - The 'best' leaderboard suggestion was fantastic, thanks for getting that added in quickly!

Clay.io is a great plugin and service; I hope you guys are doing well, financially, to grow and make clay.io a strong platform.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 am

Thanks for the 'best' leaderboard indeed =)

Works -almost- like a charm, I'm still getting a few duplicates here and there for some reason: snap

(also LeaderboardRank seems to returns strange results with the 'best' mode, but I may hide it anyway)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 am

@lemo I think that's because if they're not logged in, we decide unique people based on the IP address. That's because two different people can enter 'Joe' but we wouldn't want the score to use both of theirs - we do the same for the cumulative option.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 am

@austin Okay that makes sense then, I guess Keeda played from different places...
However I already have my own login system (linked to an mmo API), and players never have to login again or type their names for the leaderboards, so there's no chance two people can post from the same name (except for the guest account)
A "Skip IP check" option would make sense in my case I suppose
(I dunno if a lot of people would use it though)

PS: I'll try to post a bit on your forums, but it's hard to follow both places for us too :p
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Still the same issue even with 0.3.3 plugin none of the touch events would respond, There is no error or messages in the console of CocoonJS launcher, since it looks like it's not even initializing. I have the zip file to you , see if you can help to troubleshoot.

Also in IOS after logging in with any other provider like facebook or twitter in the webview, the webview closes and then none of the touch events would work after similar to that of android behavior when loading.

Looks to me there is some other object that we are using that u r not including in the project which is probably why you are not seeing the issue. could u please send the capx that u r using to test so that we can see what in ours is causing the issue by eliminating few of them to identify the issue.

Hoping u can spend little more time on this to help us as i am almost ready for a release except this is blocking.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi @austin,

As advised, I've downloaded and installed the latest clay.io plugin, and re-tested as a CocoonJS export.

Unfortunately I'm still unable to play my game, as the touch objects are unresponsive. I've tested on my Samsung S (using Android 2.3) and my Samsung tablet (using Android 4.0), but neither are working.

I have also re-tested the game without clay.io plugin and it works fine

I've looked through the CocoonJS log, and there are no warnings or errors. I have looked very carefully through the "All" section of the log and there do not appear to be any issues (it just contains a list of lines acknowledging image loads, followed by lines indicating each load has been successful). I would have sent you a screen-shot of this, unfortunately the list is quite long (130 lines), so would not fit into a single screen-shot.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do to help you isolate the problem.

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 am

Im having trouble using the system expression "ModalsOpen" when using the coocoonjs launcher.

I have a check that only allows certain types of action if the ModalsOpen count is 0 or less, but it is never true.

I've been reading everything I could find from you @austin, and based on what that I'm guessing it's because cocoonjs doesn't support DOM elements. It would however be great to know if any ClayIO window is showing or not.

------------------------------------------------------------
The only error that I get from the cocoonjs launcher is:
JSUTilities Exception: TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'I.UI') Line: 1945: ? Tag: requestAnimationFrame

But this dosn't seam to have anything to do with this specific problem?OneMuppet2013-01-31 06:45:00
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons