[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 am

Hi @austin,

Just for clarification and future reference. If a user/player decides they do not wish to be part of Clay.io anymore, how would they go about logging out of it completely?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 am

http://clay.io/logout - but you can also delete your account on the settings page.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 am

tried clay.io with the cocoonjs launcher on android and my button click to open the leaderboard doesnt work, in fact cant get any clay.io functions to work, no errors in the console or anything, it just doesnt do anything, this is the same on ipad and iphone too, any ideas?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am

ok i found this comment:

http://clay.io/forum/discussion/comment/61#Comment_61

which indicated i need to add the files to the zip, which i have now done but its still not working

in the console i can see its connected to clay.io without any problems and calls the leaderboard, the last thing in the console is "Creating the modal" yet nothing appears?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:41 am

Hi @austin, thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have any plans to include a logout option in the modal window. I only ask as I think some users might find it rather inconvenient (if they've signed up through a game interface), to have to navigate to a website to logout or delete an account! Surely if you can sign up/log in from a game, you should be able to log out through it as well.

Thanks
Pantaloons2013-04-16 11:43:04
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 am

@theames - try now (redownload plugin and copy over the files again)

@Pantaloons - the problem with that is we really don't want the developer to have complete control on whether or not the user is logged into Clay.io. Some rogue developer could just have the Clay.io logout method at the start of their game for everyone, so for anyone who played they would be auto-logged out. I suppose I could make a method the developer can call that would open a modal window confirming that the user wants to log out of Clay.io. Would that work for you?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 am

@austin,

Sorry I didn't realize the problem you faced with the log out option. Although I'm not quite sure that I understand why a developer would choose to include clay.io in their game, only to auto log out all of their users (perhaps I'm missing something).

Anyway, your solution of making a method to call a log out window sounds absolutely fine. Could it also include a link to delete an account if the user wishes?

I think both these options would make users feel more in control of their choices. But don't worry if the second point is too complicated. I can just add some text to inform users they'll need to visit the website to delete their account.

Thanks again for your time in this matter, it's greatly appreciated.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:58 am

Working now great job thank you
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

not sure if there's anything can be done about this one but when you login on an android device (im using galaxy s3, im assuming this will be a problem elsewhere) the keyboard hides most of the login elements and its very difficult to scroll down?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm incorporating the Clay.io construct 2 plugin in my project. Is it possible to set the Time Frame of a leaderboard to a custom amount of seconds or minutes? The only options i can see are the predefined values: All Time, Last 30 days, Last 7 days and Last 24 hours.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons