[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 pm

@andreyin - Twitter thing should be fixed. You can use Clayio.ModalsOpen to see if a modal window is open, and act accordingly
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 pm

[QUOTE=austin] @andreyin - Twitter thing should be fixed. You can use Clayio.ModalsOpen to see if a modal window is open, and act accordingly[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot!!! :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi, hopefully a quick question and has already been resolved?

I would like to use Clay.io within my app however Clay.io opens once it is Ready and this gets in the way of other things.

Is there a way to only show the Clay.io login modal window when I want to. ie when a user presses a button? (to opt in to use Clay.io).

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:46 pm

@drappdev - yep, head to the game settings on Clay.io, and uncheck "Always show Clay.io login box on load when a player isn't logged in"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:37 pm

@austin

Whilst you're floating around on the forum, firstly I just wanted to thank you for the marvellous work you've done with Clay.io. I've found it nice and easy to integrate, and its improved my game to no end.

The one problem I did encounter was none of the audio worked when the clay hosted game was viewed on an iOS device (such as ipad, or iPod touch). After a few days of banging my head against walls and shouting at strangers, I managed to discover what the problem is; when the project is exported from C2 as a Chrome file it only includes .ogg audio files, and none of the m4a audio files. As soon as I added the m4a files into the exported media file manually, the audio started working perfectly (though i don't know if this will cause issues if i was to export from clay to the Chrome store with the m4a audio files included).

It might be worth checking into this more, or making mention on the clay.io tutorial, as it could save other users with ios devices a lot of head scratching.

Anyway, keep up the jolly good work, and thanks for giving Board Horde such a nice rating.

-Dave
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:01 am

Updated the tutorial, thanks for the heads up. If you ever run into issues like that, feel free to shoot me an email to see if it's something easy for me to diagnose.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:44 pm

@austin, I found the "Always show Clay.io login box on load when a player isn't logged in" checkbox. I was focusing on Construct 2 and completely forgot about the settings menu in Clay.io

Thanks again
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:14 am

What should be the correct way to login, post score, fetch leader board then?

Here is what I have:

To login:

- On the start page, check if Clay.io is ready -> check if Clayio.LoggedIn = 0 -> Show Prompt Login.

- On the submit score page:

+ If the player touches the submit score text -> submit score.

I found out that if the player did not log in in the Start page, the Login window will show up here. That's fine. But it does not seem to remember the login info. If I logged in, then press the submit button again, then the login will still appear.

- To fetch the leader board:

+ on start of layout -> fetch leaderboard.
+ when scores are fetched -> display.

This only works when the player signed in from the start page, not from the Submit page. Is it required to log in to see the leader board?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:48 am

Does Clayio work in CJS? I want make my game native one. I tried several times with CJS Launcher 1.4 but it didn't work. I followed the manual, getting some js files into zip...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:58 am

Hi @Austin,

I've been trying to add Clay.io into my windows phone project. I used the C2 tutorial 'Windows 8 and Clay.io Integration', for reference (as there don't seem to be any tutorials specifically for Clay.io + Win Phone integration).

I've had some partial success, but the modal windows do not display correctly (see images below, img_number1 = log in modal, and img_number2 = scoreboard modal). As you can see, it doesn't look too good!

Do you know if anyone has achieved successful Clay.io integration with Win Phone yet? If so, did they post any tips on the process?

img_number1

img_number2

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Blacksmith2013-07-16 11:59:19
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons