[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:28 am

@Leandrus I think the clay.io ready is actually a trigger, even though it do not look like one (it triggers only when it becomes ready, it is possible that it is not a trigger but just happen once in the whole game process, in that case though, this is still a bug), so you should use it to change the value of a variable, then check said variable when you have to use the clay.io actions

Yes it is dirty, but until it is fixed I dont see another way.
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:56 pm

@Leandrus, sorry to hear that - it was the only thing I could think of. I started to get other problems with the plugins so I stopped using them... I don't know if @Austin has frequented the forums here, but I think he does answer direct emails to clay.io if you try that approach.
...busy learning Unity - real lights etc!
(but c2 is easily the quickest way to make 2d html5 games)!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello @Aphrodite you could be right. maybe it's intended to behave like a trigger.
Anyways. that exactly what I did, I created a variable and that save my day.
@Colludium I'll drop him a mail to let him know. Let's hope that get fixed...
Thanks you all.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 am

Hi. I was told the old Plugin will not work anymore and there is a new SDK.
Will there be a new C2 Plugin anytime soon? Or does anyone know another plugin with similar features (achievements/leaderboards)?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:37 pm

@Bl4ckSh33p, @Austin would probably be able to answer that, I'll send him an email. I'm curios as well, because I have two games live at google play and app store that uses the clay.io plugin. I've been thinking about moving them to game center instead, but if there is an updated version of the plugin supporting version 2 with a similar construct 2 interface/api that would be far less work for me!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 am

I also have a couple of games and work well with the plugin clay.io
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Any more info about this? I've tried to contact them in the past and they never got back to me.
Jarrod Davis
Owner/Technical Director
Jamarda Digital
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:08 am

hey, any new info on it?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:26 am

Hi, I tried implementing the Clay.io plugin for a leaderboard in my game, but the website said that the API will be deprecated after May 1. Does that mean that the plugin won't work after May 1? Obviously I don't wanna use it if it'll only work for a couple of months.
B

Post » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:58 am

Hi,

Any one can upload capx file for example please.

Thanks
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons