[PLUGIN] Dropbox

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

@Savvy

Yet another problem discovered then :-)
I assumed that you could traverse a folder for its files and that you did not need to know the file name itself.

@NRABrazil
No i havent looked at the FileReader plugin. I will give it a look in the next days.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

@cvp

As far as i know, u need to type the name of the file (in the app u have build).
Then the plugin can reach that file in the dropbox and download it.
Thats also how i use it.

Kind Regards.
Savvy001Savvy0012013-02-07 00:49:51
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 am

@Savvy

Yeah, you are right. it needs a string with the file name.

That could be another feature request for the plugin then ;-) To be able to iterate over the content of a dropbox folder.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:42 am

@septeven

Can I use this plugin to make an MMO?
I can manipulate files inside dropbox right? So can I insert in this files some accounts and passwords from players and create an event system of Login right?

This app can be public and edit/read internal files???
Or only the owner of Dropbox will have access to files??
Can the owner of dropbox account allow public to edit/read especific files?
If it does that is possible to make MMO games and use dropbox as Database!

B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:40 pm

@septeven

your awesome

@ psycholize

The key is to use str() in the 'set text' action str(Drop.getFileContent("/")) to list all file contents

then

In the 'Access to...' action you can use the expression from the text object, for example, 'Text.Text&"/" '

This is a good way to make a log in rooms feature with arrays and csv2array type stuff, where for each element can create multiple Text objects with unique listed names

A problem for me is the limited user tokens after testing the app on multiple devices. Updated iOS and Android work, Chrome works that's all I've tried. This even works posted in godaddy ftp where people can have a public chat in the simplest case.

All expressions and parameters can work with how you choose to manipulate files in dropbox. Very inspiring easy-to-use plugin

Another problem is when I have another dropbox account my project by mistake accesses the wrong one. I try to sign off on my computer and browser and clear history. is it a cookies thing? haven't tried that yet

B

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 6:39 pm

I want Dropbox to be optional for my game, but when I click Deny on Dropbox's Authorization Page, I get redirected back to it again. You should make the plugin so it will detect when it has been denied and remember that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Seems interesting. Just a question. Can it be used to save game online?
thank you (:
B

Post » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:33 am

Hi Savvy001,

The dropbox image example link is not working...could you please re-upload the capx?

thanks,
Ravindra
For game development / IT services contact - ravindra@actualconcepts.com

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:06 am

Is this plugin working now? I created an App on my dropbox account using the instructions @septeven has mentioned. But all I get is a blank when I run C2, from my testfile.txt present in dropbox folder, though it has content in it. If someone can provide a example capx it will be very helpful. Thank you
For game development / IT services contact - ravindra@actualconcepts.com

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:09 pm

@kmsravindra
As I told you by pm, I need you provide me a capx.
Thx
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons