[Plugin] Ejecta

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank you @0plus1, I hope that ashley notices the potential that ejecta holds and develop an official exporter + plugin ;]
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am

@sheepy, I honestly think that this will never happen, the reasoning behind (and judging from some pm I got I agree with @Ashley) is that Ejecta is not really user friendly, requires messing with the code and once you start supporting it "officially" you have also to start offering support for it and it can become quite an headache.

I can't make promises but I'll probably keep the exporter+plugin fairly updated as it is what I'll be using with my own games..
Next thing that will come out will be ads support and probably multiple iAPs.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:02 pm

@0plus1 yeah, its a good point, but I still think Ejecta is a better solution than the closed source of cocoonjs/appmobi. With Ejecta, unless Im wrong about their licensing, you could port directly to an xcode project, not depending on the cloud or some mysterious licensing deal. Also, construct 2 would be helping to make ejecta more popular.
It seens to me that Ashley is a bit disappointed in how the partnership with cocoonjs and appmobi went, with no schedules and bad communication.
If was not for your work with the plugin, I would have to wait god knows how much time for cocoonjs next version to e ready. ;]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

@sheepy

I agree with you 100%, appmobi (which to be fair is more oriented toward apps) and cocoonJS turned out to be a total let down.
Inconsistent updates, BASIC features (like Game Center Leaderboard/Achievement) are still not supported and more than anything there is no transparency about the business model.
The rise of Ejecta (and other Open Source wrappers that might rise) is making it even harder for Cocoon, they need to step up their game, they can't afford to be 2 months behind Ejecta like now, otherwise no one will buy their product.

Also is pretty clear that CocoonJS developers don't care about mantaining the plugin, look in contrast to Clay.io, the developer is always available and ready to answer and keep everything updated and in good working order.

Ejecta could be made more popular by C2, the issue is that Ejecta exists to back up another JS Game Engine (Impact) and the author originally made it to increase the sales of its own Engine, so a partnership with Scirra would be unfair to both parties.

This is the reason why I made my own exporter/plugin, hoping that more people will use it and in turn expand it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm

@0plus1 I would love to help you expanding the ejecta plugin, but I dont know anything about javascript, sorry ;/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 am

@0plus1 have you see the Android Ejecta stuff? Check out: https://github.com/3dseals/Ejecta-X

Just curious if any of your stuff would work for that. It doesn't seem very well documented, but maybe that is ok. I haven't messed with the Ejecta stuff at all yet, but I may be looking for an alternative to CocoonJS soon. They are just dropping the ball left and right, it seems. Zero transparency and very little communication when things will get fixed / implemented. So disappointing. :/

This looks like a possible alternative, if we can sort it all out. :) Do you have any thoughts on using this to get C2 on Android?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:43 am

@Zharzew was about to post the same thing, I just seen it, I'll definitely take a look at it, there is a good chance it will work out of the box, hang on in the next weeks I'll test it as I want to sell on Android..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 am

@0plus1 that would be great. I would love to use this if possible. A short tutorial would be amazing, if you have success. :). I don't own a mac, or I would try out your Ejecta iOS stuff. Hoping to change that soon, as I would love to publish for it. My current game looks great on ipad using cocoon, but has audio issues. Besides that, it is great. How is audio using Ejecta? Any issues with multiple sounds? Sounds cutting out? Or looping sounds issues?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:13 am

@0plus1

Any updates or progress ? Also it would be great if you could write up tutorial on using Ejecta with Construct2.

Thankstumira2013-08-05 06:17:49
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:29 pm

yes id also love to see a tutorial .. a piece of advice if/when your looking at IOS IAP .. make sure you consider this:

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StoreKitGuide/VerifyingStoreReceipts/VerifyingStoreReceipts.html

it really helps with monetization if you can confirm receipts of your IAPS (until they crack that too :-)
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons