[plugin] fade in/fade out audio

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Antisuspend Plugin for Construct 3 prevents the runtime from getting suspended.
  • It try to play with fade-in, stop with fade-out, change volume smoothly, by set volume linearly in dB scale.

• The maximum volume is defined to 1, it will map to 0db.
    • The minimum volume is defined to 0, it will map to -60db.

Document, plugin and sample capx are included.

• This is one of my favorite plugins!

• Thank you rex

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One thing that confuses me sometimes, is with the "play" action. Sometimes when I see it say "stop volume", I think of the when the audio is actually "stopped" (not playing at all), perhaps it could be renamed to "End volume" or "Final volume"? Also placing it after the "Start volume" would also help make it more logical!

(Also maybe the "fade-in" could say "fade-in time", just so it's even easier to read? Though this isn't as important.)

http://i.imgur.com/XqUkLE5.png

I think you did a good job with the ordering here though!

• Since I should keep the interface compatible, I only could add this parameter "Start volume" at the last one. Sorry.

I had changed the parameter name "Stop volume" to "End volume" thanks for suggestion. Please download it again.

• Hi Rex, I like the idea of your plugin to ensure a smooth sound transition.

Another issue I've been trying to solve is to allow C2 to play sound streams instead of just sound files. I found a way of doing so by using an external

javascript call with the browser object:

Browser.Execute Javascript "var audio = new Audio('http://onefm.ice.infomaniak.ch:80/onefm-high.aac');audio.play();"

This works fine and allows me to play a local radio station streamed from their website. The only issue I have is I can't stop the sound,

as I don't think there's any way in which I can retrieve the audio pointer that is assigned above to the issue the following javascript command

in the same way:

Browser.Execute Javascript "audio.pause();audio.currentTime = 0;"

Because of this, I was thinking of writing a new plugin based on the standard C2 audio one. Do you think you could integrate a "playstream"

command to your audio plugin? This would really help me tremendously (avoiding having to create a plugin just for this issue) and I'm sure

would prove to be a valuable addition for the C2 community.

Let me know what you think. Cheers.

• wmsgva

Sorry, my schedule is full, I could not put any task.

• I used to just create a fading sprite and set every tick the sound volume to the sprite opacity * -0.60. This plugin is very welcome.

• This plugin sounds fantastic I need to use it. I downloaded the "rex_audio_helper.7z" but what do I do with that? Put it in the plugins folder? sorry I'm a beginner. Thanks

• This plugin sounds fantastic I need to use it. I downloaded the "rex_audio_helper.7z" but what do I do with that? Put it in the plugins folder? sorry I'm a beginner. Thanks

Unzip it and put into plugins\ folder, or use this tool to download and install plugins.

• It says unable to load plugin. And I don't have the option to unzip it because it's not zipped. Any ideas? I must be doing something wrong. Is it just the "rex_audio_helper.7z" file in the download?

• It says unable to load plugin. And I don't have the option to unzip it because it's not zipped. Any ideas? I must be doing something wrong. Is it just the "rex_audio_helper.7z" file in the download?

Use this tool

http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/my-plugi ... ry-v2.html

directly, if you don't know how to install plugins.

• Thanks for the help Rex, but I'm really confused. I don't know what any of that stuff is, I just have a lot of things downloaded now that I can't open.

• Thanks for the help Rex, but I'm really confused. I don't know what any of that stuff is, I just have a lot of things downloaded now that I can't open.

It works fine in r206, r207. Do you get any error message?

• Yeah it works great. Thanks. I wasn't sure what a 7z file was and what to do with it. I got it now though, thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)