[plugin] firebase

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:40 am

@xoros

My team member uses firebase+parse for server programming in C2.

Arne had made a parse plugin. And I had made another different one (but the document had not ready).

BTW, there are many back-end solutions today, firebase and parse are only two of possible solutions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:57 am

I think it could work very well for turn based games or async multiplayer. But what is with real time action games like shooters/mobas/rts? I think the lag is too large or may be it's possible to solve that with plugin which will calculate all that complicated stuff like collision prediction, interpolation etc.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 am

@xoros

Sorry, I did not have plan to do this.
It might be better to use another solution like official MP plugin for these kinds of application. Here is another possible solution - photon cloud.
plugin-photon-cloud_t125222
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54 am

@rexrainbow

thanks for pointing me out to photon cloud plugin. I might consider it for real time multiplayer projects.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:28 pm

@xoros

If you're making a real time multiplayer game, I strongly suggest using the official mp plugin. It connects the players directly to each other. Use cloud storage for slow/turn-based games and storing information like points and profiles, etc. You'll use up your bandwidth in no time and wont be able to grow your userbase.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:10 am

I would separate multiplays features to social like
- chat with other users, broadcast messages, send private messages, post messages on wall...
- friends list and send gifts to friend...

and realtime/turn based gameplay. So mix more than one services might be a better solution.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 am

@hmott

official multiplayer plugin is based on web-rtc protocol which is not supported on iOS and has connectivity problems due to firewalls on some networks.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:56 pm

@rexrainbow Is there a way to view all the registered users on a selection screen?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:57 am

@r2cvv

In dashboard, you might see the registered users of built-in password email users, in login & auth page.
Or you might save the info into database of firebase manually (when user login, save something into firebase) for all kinds of logining users. So that you could see them in data page.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Bit late to the party but I wrote a basic game to test whether using firebase for twitch games was possible
https://construct2example.firebaseapp.c ... part1.html

Set the remote time with clock adjust, and a forgetting factor k = 0.5 to get the best results IMHO. Judge for yourself! mouse and cursor keys and left click

Each window is a different connection to firebase servers, so you can use this to get a feel for the performance on different devices. In the US and on a browser I think the bullets are well synced, but on a mobile it gets more bursty (that's a dropped packet causing a backlog in the TCP ordering guarantees). Though very few games on mobiles have solved the real-time multiplayer problem, the best real-time games for multiplayer insist on a peer-to-peer arrangement on a common wifi access point. Doing real-time multiplayer on mobile devices is hard because of the crappyness of the underlying cell data delivery mechanism, its not all about WebRTC vs TCP vs UDP vs Websockets
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons