[Plugin] Google Analytics

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello fellow developers,

I'd like to share Google Analytics plugin that I've made for Construct 2. It supports event and time tracking.

Some of you who use analytics may prefer it to Flurry plugin, because it provides much more data compared to Flurry web application.

You may want to check the help page here: http://suntemple.co/construct-2/google-analytics-plugin. It should also serve as a tutorial.

The plugin itself may be downloaded here: http://suntemple.co/construct-2/google-analytics-plugin/c2_google_analytics.zip

Also, sample project is available: http://suntemple.co/construct-2/google-analytics-plugin/google_analytics_sample.capx

I hope you find it useful

• neat.. I'll give it a try with my current project... Ill let you know how it works for me

Cheers!

• Oh well.. it gave me this error : I'm using the latest beta release of C2. I guess I'll try a little later and see if there's a change.

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Plugin of non-world type specified 'rotatable'

Condition: !(plugin_type == era::pt_objecttype && rotatable)

File: Projects\ObjectType.cpp

Line: 37

Function: __cdecl ObjectType::ObjectType(class Project &,class ObjectFolder &,class Plugin *,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,unsigned __int64)

Build: release 175 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

• Awesome! I will have to give it a go.

• Oh well.. it gave me this error : I'm using the latest beta release of C2. I guess I'll try a little later and see if there's a change.

Ragevortex, thanks for reporting. I have fixed it. It didn't give me this assert on an older C2 version.

Could you please try again? Here's the plugin link.

• Cool! It Seems ok now. Thanx. I'll try it out and let you know if anything else arises.

• Great plugin, I can't download demo project.

• chloroplastgames, Strange, I checked all the links, they work fine for me. If you PM me your e-mail I can send it to you. Regards.

• It is an error of Mozilla Firefox. Firefox can't download CAPX files, firefox opens CAPX files.

I tried Chrome for download demo project and works fine.

Thanks suntemple

Great plugin!

• chloroplastgames, you're welcome . If you have any suggestions/requests please let me know.

• Thanks

• Does this plug-in work on android and IOS devices via cocoonjs?

Thanks,

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • , Sorry Mike, it doesn't. But it seems to be their Javasript VM limitation - can't load external scripts (I may be wrong but it seemed like that in the debugger).

• , Sorry Mike, it doesn't. But it seems to be their Javasript VM limitation - can't load external scripts (I may be wrong but it seemed like that in the debugger).

suntemple , I'm not sure if you already checked this, but it ended up being the issue with the Spriter plugin not working in cocoonjs.

The details are discussed in the Runtime overview documentation under the heading Google Closure Compiler compatibility, but I'll paste the relevant text here:

If you refer to external libraries, you must always use bracket syntax (i.e. Object["property"]). If you use dot syntax, Closure Compiler will rename the property and it will access the wrong property of the external library after export.

The closure compiler is used whenever minify script is used which is always the case with cocoonjs.

• lucid, thanks Lucid. The GoogleAnalytics plugin 'survives' the minification. It has some global 'ga(...' calls but they are not optimizied. I tried to look into the issue and found out the problem is the cocoonjs export does not insert script dependencies into index.html. I have put the google analytics initialization into a dependency script ga_init.js and thus it wasn't executed in cocoonjs exported version. I'll try to integrate the initialization script into runtime.js directly instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)