[PLUGIN] Google Map

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Though this entry is some years old, i would like to add my 2 cents to it by showing you an example of a game i did with Google Maps and Streetview. It is a Textadventure that is connected to Streetview.
You can play the first level for free, until now i had no time to create the other levels :)
Here it is: http://www.mynameishunt.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 pm

@souperdragon- I am loving your update! Very useful. I can't seem to get it to work on my mobile phone though. I have exported to html 5 just for testing purposes.
B
S

Post » Thu May 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi I think the problem you would be having is that when you run it in a browser, ie HTML5, the google api will not allow calls from a non-secure connection (ie your not calling it from a site that starts https://) if you compile it into an APK then it should work, or host it on a webserver with a secure certificate.
B
S

Post » Sat May 13, 2017 5:16 pm

@rexrainbow

Just noticed that the map obscures any sprites that are in the same area, even if their Z-order is above the map.
(See Example .capx)

Is there any way of displaying any sprites above the map?
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 pm

randomly wrote:@rexrainbow

Just noticed that the map obscures any sprites that are in the same area, even if their Z-order is above the map.
(See Example .capx)

Is there any way of displaying any sprites above the map?

Not that I am aware of. You can display images on the map itself...but depending on what you are doing that won't do what you need.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm

@humanescape

Well, what I need to do is to display a sprite on top of the map when clicking a marker on the map.
I guess I'll just have to move the map to the side when clicking the marker and displaying the Sprite there...
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 13, 2017 11:56 pm

@randomly, for what purpose? I did a map app before using this plugin. I did a lot of hacking to get some interesting effects for construct to talk with googles API. stuff like custom icons on the map, clicking them pulls information on screen, etc. Might be able to help you out with more details.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello, is there a way to change the zorder of this Google Map? Or, is there another Google Map plugin we can change the zorder with it?
Sorry for my English.
B

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:24 am

pokemon go. replying in 2017 hahaha
B

Previous

Return to Completed Addons