[PLUGIN] GWEN - GUI system aimed at games

Completed plugins, behaviors and effects.

Post » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 pm

[QUOTE=Urled] Is this the new version of that xml reader?[/QUOTE]

No this is GWEN.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 am

Tonight I'm dropping the price by half.

I've been getting a lot of views, showing me that there is interest, but so far only one purchase over the course of a week, and while the profit would be nice, seeing my plugin proliferate and actually being used would be much nicer for me as a developer. This will, however, be the only price drop.

EDIT: I have updated the price.Arsonide2012-08-13 04:32:41
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Ah, that was a tad too quick as I would have paid the 10 bucks right away ;)

Anyway, just purchased it and will give it an elaborate run later on. The first thing that popped up when I played around with it was that it looks like a window container cannot hold more than 4 tab controls. Am I doing something wrong?

[EDIT]

Forgive me my stupidity, as I have only copied the event without crosschecking its internal values. After I did that, I found the TAB name & PAGE name values, altered them accordingly and everything was fine :)

Cheers,
The Colonel

Colonel Justice2012-08-14 12:32:07
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 am

Bought it a few days ago, but just logged in to say thanks for making this, Arsonide.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Looks like I ran into some trouble with this. It's the default example cap untampered with other than changing the font from Times to Verdana, although it didn't appear right to begin with.

Am I overlooking something? The widgets appear either clipped in a wrong way or straight out missing and many text elements have very unfitting colors.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

This looks pretty much like GWEN using its default built-in skin, which looks quite awful. You may want to extract both files, example.cap and the skin.png in the same directory and run the cap from there.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I got another one, though. When disabling resizing of a window widget, the caption bar looks like this:

Also, creating a color picker results in this:

Resizing the color picker widget doesn`t seem to improve it`s scaling.
Any remedies for this?

Cheers,
the Colonel
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 pm

[QUOTE=Zotged] Looks like I ran into some trouble with this. It's the default example cap untampered with other than changing the font from Times to Verdana, although it didn't appear right to begin with.

Am I overlooking something? The widgets appear either clipped in a wrong way or straight out missing and many text elements have very unfitting colors.[/QUOTE]

That is GWEN when it can't find a skin to use. I figured using the default skin would be better than not showing anything or crashing. The default skin is ugly. Make sure your skin property is pointing at a valid skin, and remember that Construct points to various places when using relative paths. (AppData, and the directory your cap is in)

Colonel: Disabling the resizing of something screws up something along the borders. This is actually a known problem in GWEN itself, rather than the plugin. I noticed it during my testing, but I'm still waiting on Garry to figure out the problem. (He might have already fixed it, I haven't recompiled GWEN in a bit.) Apparently he knows what is causing it though, so a fix should be imminent. Like I said, GWEN is a library intended for use in the Source Engine (Garry's Mod), and my plugin is a wrapper around it that makes it easier to use, while showing it how to render within Construct.

EDIT: Colonel I checked his SVN and it seems that there was a fix for this. I will fold it into the next update. Apologies.Arsonide2012-08-19 22:43:56
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am

I am a New C2 Dev, I am impressed with the work you have put in to develop this plugin. I dont know all the capabilities but to show my support I have purchased the plugin. Looking forward to future upgrades, Skins.
Great Work!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am

Cool! Just be aware that GWEN is a Construct Classic plugin, not a Construct 2 plugin. If you need a refund just let me know.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed addons