[PLUGIN] GWEN - GUI system aimed at games

Completed plugins, behaviors and effects.

Post » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 pm

To be frank, there is more than one reason that porting it to Construct 2 is not possible:

• Construct 2 uses JavaScript for plugins, not C++.
  • GWEN (the library the plugin is based off of) is written in C++.
  • I have many other projects on my plate right now, including some other commissioned plugins for profit.

I appreciate the offer, but there's way too much going on right now, and if my next project takes off, GWEN will become obsolete anyway, as all major plugins will have to be restructured into Python.

This is my next project. Just started getting the infrastructure set up. One of my main goals is to make Construct Classic cross platform, and to do that I have to change how plugins work. Obviously this is going to keep me busy for quite a while, but I'm hoping that when I'm done, CT outshines CC and rivals C2.Arsonide2013-01-20 12:44:23
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm

@arsonide,

well i am glad that you have other commissioned work, and that you have the drive to continue working with cc.

sounds like a great project. i hope it prospers for you.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Arsonide -

Construct Throwback is a great idea! I hope as you continue down that road you keep us updated. I would love to keep using CC, I'm not sure the HTML5 thing is ever going to be quite what I want from it.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Is there a way to set one of the Radio buttons options on by default? Or in other words... is there a way to manually set which Radio option is selected with events? The only action for it is "Add Option".

Also, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the value from the currently selected list box item. There doesn't seems to be any ListBox specific expressions.

I've been struggling with this and cannot find the answer in any of the documentation. I feel like i'm missing something about how to use this plugin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.robit_studios2013-01-25 00:13:20
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm

A payed plugin for a freeware, royalty-free app?
Dont take it personaly but - no way.
If am supposed to pay to make my own game i would just go and buy C2 or another engine. Regardless of the price.

The whole point of CC existance currently is based around the idea that here we have an inferion, weaker version of C2 but its totaly freeware and royalty-free.

Having a payed plugin for it defeats the whole purpous.

I will much rather spent an additional week of work coding my own custome UI rather then pay for one.

No hard feelings. Its just my opinion. Which you have all the rights to disagree with.irbis2013-02-03 17:15:05
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 pm

The whole point of Classic's existence is what? Wow. Not even going there. I will ask you to check history and/or facts, however.

Your opinions are duly noted. However, do note that many things GWEN does are not possible in Construct, regardless of how hard you work on your user interface.Arsonide2013-02-09 14:28:40
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Question emerging: With the condition "Row selected on list box "blah"", how do I retrieve the Name, Data, or Label of the selected list box entry?

Same goes for menu strip entry.

Cheers,
the Colonel
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:56 pm

There is an expression to retrieve the name of the thing that triggered the last condition, you use that along with other expressions to retrieve that stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm

If it`s Get Triggerer then it unfortunately doesn`t return the selected entry, only the name of the list box. From there on, I don`t know what to do.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 am

Furthermore, GWEN doesn`t seem to accept scroll rate of 0%. This is somewhat crucial when you use it as an Editor GUI and want to scroll over your level editor with the GUI following you. Any advise how to fix that would be highly appreciated. Otherwise I am forced to code my editor in something else.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed addons