[Plugin] InGame web radio (under development)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:56 pm

I was thinking to integrate an inGame radio like the GTA series, reading streams from shoutCAST in particular.

I first tried to use the video plugin by rexrainbow, knewing that the HTML5 video tag reads even audio sources. It worked only on Chrome, the stream reads fine.

I wanted to wrap the audio tag but it seems that Android users under 2.1 don't support the HTML5 audio tag. This feature is implemented in Gingerbread. There's a workaround that involves using the video tag instead only for Android as iOS doesn't seem to support this method.

I wanted to write a universal "external audio file reader" for both iOS and Android user, I'm starting to wrap the audio tag but I will need help from someone else.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:07 am

I am looking at SoundManager as a starting point
May end up simply using an iframe in the meantime, but something more elegant would be much better!

I have not looked at the plugin SDK yet, if I can figure it out - will post results here!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 am

That would be a super-cool feature to have :)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Yeah, you're right. Still, I stopped working on it as it was very time consuming and, afterall, a quite unnecessary feature for my project. But it'd still be nice to have. Has anybody found a workaround?
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:39 am

I'll see if I can come up with a background shoutcast/icecast audio plugin for construct2 soon, already have created something like this and works well on ios, android and web platforms. Once I test it with construct2 as a plugin I'll post an update.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Maybe it would be possible to use Pode's HTML Pack and have an offscreen iframe or something? Then you'd just have to set it to autoplay songs from the embeded iframe.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:08 am

any news?
B
S
G

Return to Completed Addons