[plugin] Inventory Aid

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sun May 21, 2017 10:55 am

Inventory Aid Plugin

Inventory Aid” is a plugin for Construct 2 designed to help with the creation of typical game inventories, the likes of which can be most prominently found in RPGs and related genres. Usually those inventories are grid-based, holding items in each cell.

While this plugin was designed to be easy to use, a basic understanding of Construct 2 is definitely required beforehand. Still I would probably recommend “Inventory Aid” the most to those considering themselves slightly advanced users already holding a license.

The bad news: this isn't a free plugin. It's a fairly complex plugin that took me many hours to create. And (as many others here I'm certain) I could really use the support.

You can purchase "Inventory Aid" for the price of 3€ from my website (requires PayPal). More info below.
Currently the plugin version is 0.73 and should be considered something akin to early access. It is functional and comes with an example capx to prove it.

Still missing is debugging functionality as well as integration with the built-in save feature of C2 (however there is a way to save/load via plugin itself). These are the things alongside a few comfort-features and potentially missing expressions I plan to add in the coming 6 - 8 weeks (forget about that initially mentioned timeframe, sorry) (plus anything that might come up of course) in order to get this plugin to version 1.0.

Once it reaches version 1.0, the plugin won't be available at the same low price anymore. At this point I will start looking into and begin the process of porting "Inventory Aid" over to Construct 3.

Purchase/download the plugin

View the documentation

Watch some videos about the plugin

Thanks for checking out the plugin. Any feedback is welcome as always! :D
Last edited by PixelRebirth on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:50 pm

This seems like a really helpful plugin. I'm sure many people will get some great use out of this.
B

Post » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who supported this plugin so far!

I know I'm way behind schedule, nevertheless here is finally the first small update.

New in version 0.72:

• Added property "Resize sprites" which determines whether or not to resize bound sprites to the cell width and height of the item.
  • Added a frame parameter to the "Bind object to item"-action which lets you set the initial frame of a bound sprite.
  • Fixed the "On created"-condition not triggering for bound item objects.
  • Fixed an issue with "Subtract item at" where the bound count object wasn't actually impacted.

Special shout-out goes to Pete Nolan! Thank you for your feedback!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Here is a tiny but useful update.

New in version 0.73:

• Added an animation parameter to the "Bind object to item"-action which lets you set the animation of a bound sprite.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Why not put it on the Scirra store? It's a win/win!
That's also where I manage all my premium plugins and resources for Construct.
(You had to know you were gonna get this question =D )

Outside of that. Man, this looks like it can save a lot of headaches! Or at the very least at a lot of time...
I hope a 'take all' button and 'use item' ends up as easy as it seems.
And that the included save system isn't too difficult to dive into, that's a critical feature!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:03 pm

jbr190 wrote:Why not put it on the Scirra store? It's a win/win!
That's also where I manage all my premium plugins and resources for Construct.
(You had to know you were gonna get this question =D )

I am considering this option, but only once the plugin has reached version 1.0. At the moment it's sort of an "early access" kind of deal.

Outside of that. Man, this looks like it can save a lot of headaches! Or at the very least at a lot of time...
I hope a 'take all' button and 'use item' ends up as easy as it seems.
And that the included save system isn't too difficult to dive into, that's a critical feature!

I should probably cover some of the things you mention in a new plugin video.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm

PixelRebirth wrote:I should probably cover some of the things you mention in a new plugin video.

That'd be awesome! Your first two plugin videos seemed really helpful.
Those things were the first things that came to mind of what I want with any inventory system.

I'm planning on picking up the plugin soon.
B
S
G

Return to Work in Progress Addons