[plugin] Inventory Aid

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Inventory Aid
$4.90 USD
Create grid-based game inventories and items easily.
  • Inventory Aid Plugin

Inventory Aid” is a plugin for Construct 2 designed to help with the creation of typical game inventories, the likes of which can be most prominently found in RPGs and related genres. Usually those inventories are grid-based, holding items in each cell.

While this plugin was designed to be easy to use, a basic understanding of Construct 2 is definitely required beforehand. Still I would probably recommend “Inventory Aid” the most to those considering themselves slightly advanced users already holding a license.

Purchase the plugin:

https://www.construct.net/en/game-assets/addons/inventory-aid-960

View the documentation:

http://www.pixelrebirth.net/inventory-aid-documentation/

Watch some videos about the plugin:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Thanks for checking out the plugin. Any feedback is welcome as always!

• This seems like a really helpful plugin. I'm sure many people will get some great use out of this.

• Thanks to everyone who supported this plugin so far!

I know I'm way behind schedule, nevertheless here is finally the first small update.

New in version 0.72:

• Added property "Resize sprites" which determines whether or not to resize bound sprites to the cell width and height of the item.
    • Added a frame parameter to the "Bind object to item"-action which lets you set the initial frame of a bound sprite.
    • Fixed the "On created"-condition not triggering for bound item objects.
    • Fixed an issue with "Subtract item at" where the bound count object wasn't actually impacted.

Special shout-out goes to Pete Nolan! Thank you for your feedback!

• Here is a tiny but useful update.

New in version 0.73:

• Added an animation parameter to the "Bind object to item"-action which lets you set the animation of a bound sprite.
  • Why not put it on the Scirra store? It's a win/win!

That's also where I manage all my premium plugins and resources for Construct.

(You had to know you were gonna get this question =D )

Outside of that. Man, this looks like it can save a lot of headaches! Or at the very least at a lot of time...

I hope a 'take all' button and 'use item' ends up as easy as it seems.

And that the included save system isn't too difficult to dive into, that's a critical feature!

• Why not put it on the Scirra store? It's a win/win!

That's also where I manage all my premium plugins and resources for Construct.

(You had to know you were gonna get this question =D )

I am considering this option, but only once the plugin has reached version 1.0. At the moment it's sort of an "early access" kind of deal.

[quote:3cwrz5up]Outside of that. Man, this looks like it can save a lot of headaches! Or at the very least at a lot of time...

I hope a 'take all' button and 'use item' ends up as easy as it seems.

And that the included save system isn't too difficult to dive into, that's a critical feature!

I should probably cover some of the things you mention in a new plugin video.

• I should probably cover some of the things you mention in a new plugin video.

That'd be awesome! Your first two plugin videos seemed really helpful.

Those things were the first things that came to mind of what I want with any inventory system.

I'm planning on picking up the plugin soon.

• Another update is available now.

New in version 0.75:

• Added loop condition "For each item" (in container)
    • Added action "Access cell" (previously only "Access cell by item UID" existed)
    • Added action "Clear container"
  • New in version 0.79:

• Added condition "Item has property"
    • Added condition "On instance of type spawned"
    • Added action "Load property string"
    • Added expression "LastSpawned" returning the name of the last spawned container instance

There's also a new video available explaining how to load items from a spreadsheet. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/ArM1aVidtP0

• The new update introduces pools, which are essentially lists of items that can be used to generate randomized loot from pre-defined groups.

New in version 0.81:

• Added action "Create pool"
    • Added action "Add item to pool"
    • Added expression "RandItem" which returns a randomly selected item name from a pool

The documentation has also been amended now to cover all of the more recent changes.

• New in version 0.84:

• Added action "Clear cell" (can keep bound sprite)
    • Added action "Load item string" (for pools)
    • Added tag parameter to the "Placement"-action and conditions
    • Added expression "AmountAt" which returns item amount at coordinates

The included example was also updated with a "Take all"-function.

• Thanks for the update!

• New in version 0.86:

• Added condition "Is cell occupied"
    • Added expression "ItemAt" returning the item name held in a cell
    • Added expression "FoundFreeCon" returning the container name of found free cell
  • Here's a small maintenance update fixing a few critical issues. Credit goes to Jamahl Brown for his feedback, thanks!

New in version 0.88:

• Fixed an issue with moving items between containers of different types
    • Fixed an issue with respawning containers
    • Added condition "Is container instance of type"
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Getting closer to the finishing line!

Here are the changes in 0.91:

• Fixed expressions "ItemAt" and "AmountAt" causing an error when pointing to an empty cell (thanks Jamahl!)
    • Fixed the plugin not working when exported (thanks Jamahl!)
    • Added action "Remove item amount" which removes the specified number of items from a container
    • Added expression "AmountTotal" returning the total item amount in a container
    • Added expression "GetChildUID" returning the UID of bound counter object by parent UID

Soon the plugin won't be available for (pre-)purchase anymore , but will come back at a higher price once it reached Version 1.0.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)