[PLUGIN] jMatch3

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • jMatch3 0.4

This plugin handles the logic of a match-3 type game and is using the jMatch3 lib created by Cyrille Bogaert.

Download the plugin.

Download an example file.

I have been using it in an unfinished project of mine and believe it to be the easiest way to create this type of game in Construct 2. Although it might not be as flexible as other solutions.

It is probably important to note that this plugin recognizes continuous matches. Meaning that in the following picture, the green gems would be positively matched.

The gem graphics used in the example file and the picture above were created by Ville Seppanen. Find the source at http://opengameart.org/content/gem-jewel-diamond-glass.

• Thanks for this, PixelRebirth.

The documentation on github should suffice for most users - looks simple enough.

• PixelRebirth - Do you think it would be possible for you to post a tutorial or some documentation for this plugin? The link attempts to describe the documentation, but it's all in javaScript and really doesn't translate well to C2. Viewing the link just leaves you with tons questions that go unanswered.

• Yeah, we really need a simple demo.

• Okay guys, look for the commented example in the first post. I hope this helps!

• PixelRebirth

Thanks for example! I would like to ask you a question, Is possible to do quad tiles? I was trying to optimize bubble shooter.

• PixelRebirth - This is awesome! Thank you so much for the example!!!

I do have a question though. How would I go about checking for matches at specific locations instead of the entire board? In my game, I want to check for matches only on a single row or column and leave the remainders on the board.

[edit]Also, is there a way to move multiple piece's together, instead of just swapping 2?[/edit]

• Thanks for sharing!

• PixelRebirth After testing the plugin, i found that has errors in "checkmatches".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PixelRebirth

Thanks for example! I would like to ask you a question, Is possible to do quad tiles? I was trying to optimize bubble shooter.

I'm sorry, but could you please explain what you mean by quad tiles?

PixelRebirth - This is awesome! Thank you so much for the example!!!

I do have a question though. How would I go about checking for matches at specific locations instead of the entire board? In my game, I want to check for matches only on a single row or column and leave the remainders on the board.

[edit]Also, is there a way to move multiple piece's together, instead of just swapping 2?[/edit]

There is no built-in functionality for this in the plugin. You will have to make these specific checks yourself with events I'm afraid. Same goes for swapping/moving multiple pieces. Maybe it can help in certain cases to mirror the game board in a regular Array object since it provides more means of manipulation.

PixelRebirth After testing the plugin, i found that has errors in "checkmatches".

Please do elaborate. What about it have you found faulty?

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

• PixelRebirth Here I put the two images before and after. In many similar cases gives the same problem.

• iceangel

I think this is just a little misunderstanding. If you click on the "matches" button in the example, it will only clear the matches that are currently there.

If you check the before and after images, you will see that the pieces above the stars that have been cleared moved down correctly.

Now there are a couple of new matches available, which will be cleared if you click the button again.

For the example it works this way to be able to figure out what's going on at all, since the pieces aren't visually moving. In an actual game of course it would also clear any upcoming matches until there are none.

• I have simulated the game scroll down the pieces and fails when the case occurs earlier or are on the wall.

• I'm reviewing the javascript

• I have simulated the game scroll down the pieces and fails when the case occurs earlier or are on the wall.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of your sentence, maybe you could try rephrasing. I take it you added moving pieces to the example. That would be quite a change, because all the example does is redrawing the entire board. But I don't see a problem if done correctly.

Maybe show what you did?

I'm reviewing the javascript

I hope you don't review the source of the lib, because that's very likely a waste of time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)