[plugin] jsZip

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 am

@nimos From what I've read the library doesn't handle large files very well due to memory implications. I'd suggest using multiple archives as a possible work around for now. When you're adding new files it can bog, since everything synchronous. If it hangs for you, maybe you could wait a tick or two after adding each file.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 10:39 am

Noncentz705 wrote:@nimos From what I've read the library doesn't handle large files very well due to memory implications. I'd suggest using multiple archives as a possible work around for now. When you're adding new files it can bog, since everything synchronous. If it hangs for you, maybe you could wait a tick or two after adding each file.

That's a shame, the problem is not really the amount of archives, because even if I add only 1 large file (60+ mb not sure what the limit is) it will end up closing the program, I have already tried to give it time to archive the file, but doesn't make any difference.

As mentioned earlier I don't know before hand the file sizes or amount of files needed to be archived as these are added by the one using the program, so files can be anything from a few KB to GB. So its more or less a "Do or die" situation, if it can't handle all file sizes, it of course will cause the program to crash at some point and therefore not a valid solution.

But ill keep an eye on it, as I think its a really cool plugin you have made and hopefully someone will fix the library so it can handle large files.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 5:42 pm

@nimos using filechooser, you're able to get the size of a file before ajaxing and adding it to the archive. This might help you avoid adding larger files and know when it's time to separate your assets. Wish I had a better answer for you.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Work in Progress Addons