[Plugin] Load Image from URL at runtime

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 am

Thank you for this post! Could you post an example file? - I'm a total newbie...!

Regards
Jens
B

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 pm

@klukke: There should be a sample file named "loadimage_test.zip" in https://sites.google.com/site/jptarqu/downloads.

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:31 pm

@juantar
I can't really get either (tiledbackgroundfromurl, or loadurl) plugin to work very reliably. By disabling WebGL I can get loadurl to display an image on Firefox (though not on Chrome). The tiledbackgroundfromurl plugin makes use of a wait_for_textures call which I think is only useable in the object constructor, thus disabling the ability to load pictures at runtime. I do appreciate the hard work you put into this plugin though.

Thanks,
-- cacotigon
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:16 am

@juantar : to make it work reliably, you need to use a trigger on the "onload" function.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 am

Hi, i have the same problem. The plugin doesn't seem to work when the webgl is on. But when its off, it works. but the game lags as usual.

[QUOTE=cacotigon] @juantar
I can't really get either (tiledbackgroundfromurl, or loadurl) plugin to work very reliably. By disabling WebGL I can get loadurl to display an image on Firefox (though not on Chrome). The tiledbackgroundfromurl plugin makes use of a wait_for_textures call which I think is only useable in the object constructor, thus disabling the ability to load pictures at runtime. I do appreciate the hard work you put into this plugin though.

Thanks,
-- cacotigon[/QUOTE]
B

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi everybody !

I have do some tests with juantar "Tiled Background From URL" plugin loading a tiledbg from url in a start layout event.

Ok this plugin don't work in webgl .. with me is working in chrome without webgl and not working at all in firefox (last 12 and last beta V15).

Despite this fact we really needed these kind of url plugins to make great projects with C2 !

SO VERY GOOD JOB @juantar !, you are a demigod for me ;-p

Someone knows if this project is stop or if someone else works on it ?naelian2012-05-27 14:34:18
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:15 am

@naelian there is now a much better plugin out there for this : http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-spriteurl_topic51261.html

I think it is actively maintained. I stopped working on mine to focus on the 3d plugin and the Xna exporter.

Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 11:06 pm

@juantar, thanks a lot !

Yes "spriteurl" is a good plugins too, working without webgl on every browsers tested. I hope his author will create also a "tiledbgurl" ... just because some browsers (firefox/opera/safari) put a 1px wide space between 2 side-by-side spriteurl either every times or when using a "scroll to" method ...

Good luck for your plugins Juantar, sure i will like them !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:58 am

Message: oneon is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Hello,
Using the plugin, I got a javascript error.

Uncaught TypeError:undefined is not a function, line 1739 (col 10)
This is likely a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior

If I delete the UrlImage object from my layout, I don't get any error.

Am I doing something wrong?
B

Post » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 am

@oneon

You could find load from url action in official sprite object.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons