[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:23 pm

@Zebbi I have some ideas about what's causing this and I'll have a look later today, see if I can get it patched up.
Moderator
B
98
S
37
G
19
Posts: 1,584
Reputation: 17,817

Post » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:31 pm

linkman2004 wrote:@Zebbi I have some ideas about what's causing this and I'll have a look later today, see if I can get it patched up.

Wow, thanks so much if you can, this has been driving me crazy all day! :D
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 pm

linkman2004 wrote:@Zebbi I have some ideas about what's causing this and I'll have a look later today, see if I can get it patched up.

@linkman2004 is it a bug with MagiCam or is there a workaround?
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:46 am

Out of interest, what is the performance of Magicam like in compared to scrollto? It seems great to me, but for use on things like mobile how does it technically compare?
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:52 pm

@Zebbi MagiCam is certainly doing more work than scrollto, but it's nothing overly complex, and is almost certainly faster than implementing the same features in events, so I wouldn't expect any performance issues.
Moderator
B
98
S
37
G
19
Posts: 1,584
Reputation: 17,817

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 am

linkman2004 wrote:@Zebbi MagiCam is certainly doing more work than scrollto, but it's nothing overly complex, and is almost certainly faster than implementing the same features in events, so I wouldn't expect any performance issues.


That's excellent, just what I was hoping! One other question was, does Magicam have a way stabilising scrolling, essentially? For instance, if the player object was a bit jerky or shaking due to terrain or some other movement related reason, does/could Magicam have a way of ignoring he tiny motions and just smoothing over the scroll?
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:20 pm

@Zebbi setting a higher lag value would help to smooth that out, but there's otherwise no specific way to compensate for small object movements. That said, it's an interesting thought -- I could see the use in dynamically setting lag on a curve based on how far an object has moved.

So that's something I'll consider for the next version(when or if that happens), but until then you could probably achieve a similar effect with events. I'll see if I can rig something up.
Moderator
B
98
S
37
G
19
Posts: 1,584
Reputation: 17,817

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:31 pm

linkman2004 wrote:@Zebbi setting a higher lag value would help to smooth that out, but there's otherwise no specific way to compensate for small object movements. That said, it's an interesting thought -- I could see the use in dynamically setting lag on a curve based on how far an object has moved.

So that's something I'll consider for the next version(when or if that happens), but until then you could probably achieve a similar effect with events. I'll see if I can rig something up.

That would be extremely useful if you could, I'd really appreciate any ideas for events that would simulate this. I've tried a little with not much success!
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?
For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?
B
12
S
7
G
7
Posts: 446
Reputation: 4,268

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Coin-coin le Canapin wrote:Hi,
Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?
For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?

I think magicam works on the layout viewport rather than the layers, so perhaps a different method would be best?
B
30
S
8
G
3
Posts: 589
Reputation: 4,450

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest