[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 pm

New version!

Just one new feature this time, which is smooth transitions between cameras.

Alpha 6 release notes:

Download Magicam Alpha 6 for Construct 2 (Includes example)

(ADD) Added Transition to camera action. This feature allows for smooth transitions from one camera to another of a specified duration.

@zenoxe - After failing to come up with a decent solution to your predicament, I figured adding the transition to camera feature would be the best bet for helping you out. With this, I now have a good way of solving your problem.

My suggestion would be to have one camera centered on earth and a second camera following the moon. You can then use the Transition to camera action to smoothly transition from the Earth to the moon, making for a clean solution.

Let me know if that works out for you, and I'll help you out if you run into any more trouble.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 am

I can't thank you enough. Not only for answering so fast but for actually updating the plugin in like 1 day.
It definitely fixed the transition issue. Here is the updated game :) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38894376/C2%20PLANETS/index.html

The only thing i've noticed is that it's a bit choppy, but i'm pretty sure that because it has to handle rotating objects at the same time, hahah.zenoxe2013-07-25 00:46:19
B

Post » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 pm

This seems like a really awesome plugin! Super useful for cutscenes. Very gracious. Will return with results. :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:11 pm

I disabled the scroll to behavior in favor of this. It works pretty well in one layout but not this one. The other layout had the same error too, bu it has since disappeared for some reason.

EDIT:
Already narrowed it down to save game in Construct 2. I save the game to a slot on the start after a little event. Disabling this and the game runs fine. Enabled and it always crashes.

[quote]First off, I've fixed a bug involving the saving/loading of global cameras - nobody mentioned it, but I noticed it while working on the plugin and it should be good now.[/quote]

I only have 1 local camera and its crashing if that helps.

[quote]
instanceProto.saveToJSON = function ()
     {
          // Throw the trans camera on top of local cameras list
          this.localCameras.push(this.transCamera);

var o = {
               "lcc": this.localCameraCount,
               "olcc": this.localCameraCountOld,
               "alcc": this.localCameras.length,
               "agcc": this.globalCameras.length,
               "tcnn": (this.transCamera == null ? false : true)
          };

for (var i = 0; i < this.localCameras.length; i++)
          {
               o["lc" + i + "g"] = this.localCameras.global;[/quote]AnthonyB282013-07-29 16:23:36
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Quick update. Really weird is that its just that save point. I have multiple save points, but that one is the only one that breaks the plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:54 pm

@AnthonyB28 - If possible, can you send along your CAPX file? You can PM it to me if you don't want it public.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm

How can I set a Max. and Min. zoom amount? Is this done by positioning invisible sprites or can I have set where the camera never zooms in more than a certain percentage -also that it never zooms out too far as to show things beyond my layout.
-Thanks very much in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey @linkman2004

one of the most polished plugins from CC revives on C2. Great! Here's just one mission for your brain that's not easy to implement, but important enough to be thought of:
Did you manage to handle the zooming relative instead of absolute? Otherwise projects that support multiple resolutions using global zoom may run into problems, like with the original Magicam.

Other than that I'm sure Magicam will become a de facto standard on C2, too!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:05 am

@AnthonyB28 - I couldn't load your CAPX because it required several plugins I don't have, but I think I've figured out the issue. Download this release and let me know how it goes.

Alpha 6.1 release notes:

Download Magicam Alpha 6.1 for Construct 2 (Includes example)

(ADD) Made attempt to fix crash when using game saving actions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I think that did the trick! Thanks so much.
And sorry about the capx. I forgot the other plugins :X Always do that.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons