[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:51 am

Added a new blog entry explaining Trials and purchases in Settings Charm
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Would you be interested to add some Windows8 sensor commands to the plugin?

I have come across a very interesting example for accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, light, inclinometer, orientation and Geo-location sensor APIs within Javascript.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-all-in-one-sensors

I do not have enough knowledge to create a C2 plugin for this, but I can help test it out...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 pm

[QUOTE=bjadams] Would you be interested to add some Windows8 sensor commands to the plugin?

I have come across a very interesting example for accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, light, inclinometer, orientation and Geo-location sensor APIs within Javascript.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sample-application-all-in-one-sensors

I do not have enough knowledge to create a C2 plugin for this, but I can help test it out...[/QUOTE]

@bjadams:
Working on it :)iunkn2012-10-11 16:53:33
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

really????

Big ? to you!!!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Wow, waiting for the next update. ^^

Btw, i have a question about "How to make Snap View".
Please look on my thread :)
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 am

@bjadams and everyone,
The plugin now has support for Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Inclinometer and Light sensor.

I don't have a plan to support Geolocation sensors since I am not sure why we would need it for a game. But if you can explain a requirement for Geolocation, I will be glad to add it!

B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 am

Some games present the area/levels selection screen as a map of the world. If you could get the geolocation of the player you could customise the game more by making him start in his own country!

I would say that if its not hard to implement I would put it in!

I am going to test the new version of the plugin!!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 am

@iunkn tested the new version of the plugin, and it works FANTASTIC!

Most probably this is the most useful C2 plugin I came across! Lots of ? ? ? your way!

If I tilt my device in front of me I get Acceleration Y & Angular Veclocity X reading.

If I tilt my device left and right I get Acceleration X & Angular Veclocity Y reading.

If I rotate my device around me I get Acceleration Z & Angular Veclocity Z reading.

Is it normal to get a combination of Acceletometer and Gyrometer over X and Y? Shouldn't they pair up X and X?

I still have to check out what the Inclinometer values are!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 am

[QUOTE=iunkn] @bjadams and everyone,
The plugin now has support for Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Inclinometer and Light sensor.

I don't have a plan to support Geolocation sensors since I am not sure why we would need it for a game. But if you can explain a requirement for Geolocation, I will be glad to add it!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks @iunkn for the update.
Just try it now ^^
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 am

Other uses for geolocation, could be to connect to a weather service and check if there is wind or rain in the area at the moment, and with a layer of weather in a sidescrolling game. also the background could change to mountains or sea, depending on the location. There are 1000 uses to customise and give the game an edge
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons