[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 am

Other uses for geolocation, could be to connect to a weather service and check if there is wind or rain in the area at the moment, and with a layer of weather in a sidescrolling game. also the background could change to mountains or sea, depending on the location. There are 1000 uses to customise and give the game an edge
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 am

@bjadams:
While the scenarios you pointed for Geolocation sound interesting, the issue that I have is that from within Construct 2 the usage of custom programming like maps/ accessing a weather service is not possible without another plugin. The implementation is straight forward though. Let's see!

wrt Inclinometer, you might want to read up on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/01/24/supporting-sensors-in-windows-8.aspx. Accelerometer and Gyrometer are raw sensors while Inclinometer gives a better solution! Let me know how Pitch, Roll and Yaw work. I think for casual games like the ones we write with Construct 2 Inclinometer will be perfect.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 am

Yes I am just testing what each of the parameters do right now as I am new to this too
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 am

This may be a silly question, but the preview doesn't work. It says there is a javascript error. Is this supposed to happen?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am

@mammoth:
If you have the plugin's Enabled property True and preview it in browser, you might get the JS error.

Only when you want to export to Win8, set the Enabled property to True. At other times keep it False.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Added a blog post on testing with VS2012.

My favorite feature being the wireless deployment to a remote machine (say Surface RT) from my dev machine.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 pm

I know that this has nothing to do with the plugin, but maybe can you share your experiences how to side load windows8 metro apps on another machine once you compile and build from VS2012? maybe it could be an interesting post for your blog.

i tried it once (on the same pc though)c but i don't know if i am doing it the right way
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi there, Im getting a couple of errors in visual studio.

For in app purchases the test XML file is not loading so the quick fix would be to load it manually. Here is the error message.
Failed purchasing feature BuyGame after invoking self.currentApp.requestProductPurchaseAsync

Also I have tried to follow your advertising steps to a T and I do not see a test ad show up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 pm

[QUOTE=bjadams] I know that this has nothing to do with the plugin, but maybe can you share your experiences how to side load windows8 metro apps on another machine once you compile and build from VS2012? maybe it could be an interesting post for your blog.

i tried it once (on the same pc though)c but i don't know if i am doing it the right way[/QUOTE]

@bjadams: I thought that is what I did with the latest post. I had explained how you can do it in the local and remote machines. Let me know if it does not clarify your questions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 pm

[QUOTE=mammoth] Hi there, Im getting a couple of errors in visual studio.

For in app purchases the test XML file is not loading so the quick fix would be to load it manually. Here is the error message.
Failed purchasing feature BuyGame after invoking self.currentApp.requestProductPurchaseAsync

Also I have tried to follow your advertising steps to a T and I do not see a test ad show up.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong. [/QUOTE]

If the inapppurchases test xml is not loading, something else is wrong. I would recommend reinstalling the plugin and giving it a try.
You might have already done this, but did you make sure to change the featureid "BuyGame" in the test xml and all the places in your game? Also did you complete the purchase dialog with S_OK?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons