[Plugin] Metro/Windows 8

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am

[QUOTE=iunkn] @kenli: The link works fine for me. What kind of problem are you facing?[/QUOTE]

It seems my internet connection problem in my PC.

I have try internet connection in my mobile device and it works fine.

I'm sorry.
Enlik Tjioe
Game Programmer

www.touchten.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:17 pm

@bjadams, Here are the steps:
1. Go to Store-> Create App Packages
(Or for VS12 Pro Project->Store->Create App Packages)

2. Select "No" for building to the Win Store on the next window

3. Pick file location

4. Now if you want to install this app package, you'll have to find the file: "Add-AppDevPackage"

5. Right click on it and select Run with Powershell

6. Go through the prompts to install it which are self explanatory
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks EyeHawk, that's the way I did it.

Old versions of VS2012 used to create an install batch file for you, this is no more now :(
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 am

Hi @iunkn,

I have been using your plugin with no problems, until recently when I tried out a new project. I used exactly the same method as the last 2 but it comes up with this error when I try to preview it in VS:

Unhandled exception at line 317, column 254 in ms-appx://e290a0ad-2288-4897-b4ad-abea770ee896/c2runtime.js

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'Nr'

Highlighting this line:

(new Windows.UI.Popups.MessageDialog("Note: this Windows 8 app is in Test Mode, designed for testing purchases. Before publishing, be sure to set Test Mode to 'No' in the Windows 8 object's properties.")).Nr();window.addEventListener("resize",function(){a.dl=

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, figured it out. I hadn't minified the script upon export, although I hadn't done that with previous versions either, and they never had a window appear warning I was in test mode either. Ah well, so long as it works! And thanks, this is really a great plugin :)Tobye2012-11-05 05:35:00
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:21 am

@Tobye: Thanks! Glad it is useful.

The test message dialog i think is added by Construct2. I did not add that as a part of the plugin.

Also, are you saying you have to turn mimify ON to make things work?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:50 am

@iunkn no, I had to turn it OFF. However my first two test projects worked fine with the minify ON and the test message does not appear for them. No idea why!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Same problem here, it does not work in VS2012 if I export a minified version.

All works fine with an un-minified version.

However if i minify the js myself outside of construct, it works!

So the problem is most probably with the C2 minifier
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 am

@iunkn I wanted to try out your Metro/Windows 8 plugin but after running the install.cmd now when I open Construct 2 I get this error:

I am using R109, and Windows 8 Pro. I didn't change the install directory path or anything. Is this plugin compatible with Win 8 Pro, and R109? Also is there a way to manually install your plugin?

Edit 1:

I got a little impatient so I thought I would do a little experimenting, and I think I got it working good now.

What I did was I popped open your install.cmd, and manually installed it by following the install paths. I wasn't sure what "md" stood for but after examining the rest of the line I assumed it meant to create a new folder inside the Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins folder named "metro".

Then I copied, and pasted everything from your Plugin folder into the new metro folder.

After that I copied, and replaced the index.html, index-fs.html, and project.jsproj files from your plugin over the ones in the Construct 2\exporters\html5\metro\ folder.

I hope I did that correctly. Everything seems to work so I'm going to give your plugin a try now. It looks very impressive it has just about every feature available to use in the Windows 8 store. This should make building my game very easy.

Thanks for creating this awesome plugin. I hope you keep it updated into the future.

Edit 2:

I guess I did something wrong because now when I try to run one of your samples with Construct 2 I get this error:

Wink2012-11-19 02:47:05
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 am

@Wink:
Are you still facing issues? (Sorry about the delayed response) I just tried C2 r110 and installed my plugin r10 and I was able to open the Ghost Shooter sample r10 just fine.

You might want to uninstall c2 and try again? Also, note that when you run the install.cmd it should be from an admin prompt.

Thanks! Glad you are finding it useful :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 am

@Wink:
For your second Edit, I just now realized that you must have had "Enabled" flag to true when you ran it from Construct 2. You have to set it to false if you want to preview from C2. (Turn it back on when you are ready to export to Windows 8)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons