[Plugin] : Microphone record & compress

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:54 pm

think it's possible to send the OGG/MP3 stream over TCP to make a sort of voice chat?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

@Fimbul : not for the moment, since you need to do an Ajax get/post to a TCP socket, and browser can't open them.
However, you can send the base64 string via WebSockets.

(I'm also planning to do something with Flash P2P).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

I think this plugin has a great deal of potential!
I'm not sure I've downloaded any plugins yet, but I'll give it a try.
@Pode can you use any type of mic?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:27 pm

When I saw the title, the idea that jumped in my head was a Mad Lib style game, before the game starts, the player records a death sound, a weapon sound, a jump sound, victory yell, greet the princess... etc. Then the game is playable with whatever sounds they made.
It would be hilarious, imagine people sharing their versions on Facebook.
Paradox2012-08-16 20:29:58
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:40 pm

@Auntie Val : any mic connected to the machine will be picked by the Flash code.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 pm

@Pode

First, thank you again for all the great plugins you kindly share with us!

I am starting to work in a project in which this mic plugin is a great help. But when I tested it here there are some issues:

- it is working here only in Opera and FF, in Chrome and IE it shows the flash panel but I can not select the "allow acess" tick.

- the first capture is working ok, but the next ones no. How can I discard the first capture and capture again.

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 am

hi @Pode

Well I did some changes in the .capx file you have created, mainly removing the .mp3 (capture/encode/play) functions, put the "Init Microphone" action in the "Start of Layout" event and do not hide the 'Flash Microphone Panel" and now is working well in all four browsers, IE9, FF, Chrome and Opera. I changed too the "Save" action but it needs more develop, the main issue is than you can not clean the "AudioBase64" object string, setting "" to it, because do not work. So I am destroying and creating new "AudioBase64" objects for each "Play" action.

My altered .capx

But I found a post in with the author explained another method of obtain HTML5 "camera-and-microphone-access", so I wanna ask if you think it is better than the one you did? If it is, do you know how to put it in yours or a new plugin?

HTML5 Camera and Microphone Acess

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:57 pm

@NRABrazil : I need to do some changes to the plugin. The post you are linking to is talking about getsUserMedia(). For the moment, the microphone support is broken with it (it's only working on Chrome Canary if you want to use the audio stream for something else than sending it, and the user need to explicitly allows it by checking a flag in the Chrome options).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok @Pode,

If I understand right the getUserMedia() only does the audio stream, not converting the capture in .mp3 or .ogg files? And i need that conversion!

About the changes you said in your plugin, do you have some schedule to do or finish it? And what are the changes?

Thanks your attention.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm

@NRABrazil : getUserMedia() does only streaming, no file compression (and although gUM() is going to be supported on all browser, there's no mention anywhere in the HTML5 specification of any browser native MP3 or OGG compression !)
About the plugin, I'm going to check for the bugs (hidding/showing the panel), and what you are talking about in your post.
For the timeframe, I don't when I'll can do it, I think it's going to be before the end of next month, but I can't promise anything.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons