[PLUGIN] Network v0.3a update***

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Wed May 01, 2013 12:02 pm

[QUOTE=scidave] WOW...playerelite... that is an awesome game. Gives me some inspiration for updating the plugin.[/QUOTE]
Thanks ^^

Hum, yeah I have some ideas and some questions too :p
When you join a server, what are "user data" for ?
Have channels an utility ? (reduce lags etc.. ?)

Maybe you could add something to load, change values from sql table.
I am currently using ini system but it's bad :p Would be great if it was possible
to directly load, save things in sql table.

Make game working on Windows Vista, Seven, 8 is important too, because some players don't know
how to make running as xp compatibility mode ^^

I don't have any other idea at the moment :)
Good luck with the updating, regards, player.elite
B
S

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Is there anyway to update this plugin to work on C2?
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 3:09 am

@almeidamarcell sadly not, C2 is based on HTML5 which is very different to C++ which the ENET libraries are built on I believe
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 am

@Jayjay

:(

Thanks for answering!almeidamarcell2013-05-03 04:30:50
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 05, 2013 6:31 pm

May be possible using emscripten:

https://npmjs.org/package/enet

I haven't quite wrapped my brain around how this would work and if it needs WebRTC to facilitate talking to the networking library. Perhaps something like Bananabread game demo which actually uses an ENET core.

All of this is probably too time intensive for me to even consider...so answer practically is no right now.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm

[QUOTE=scidave] May be possible using emscripten:

https://npmjs.org/package/enet

I haven't quite wrapped my brain around how this would work and if it needs WebRTC to facilitate talking to the networking library. Perhaps something like Bananabread game demo which actually uses an ENET core.

All of this is probably too time intensive for me to even consider...so answer practically is no right now.[/QUOTE]
No problem, I found another way with HTTP object, btw can you fix error with Windows 7 (compatibility mdoe) :s

thank in advance :)
regards, playerelite
B
S

Post » Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Another question, is it possible to access a VB.NET server with the Network plugin, because I started doing my server in VB but I can't connect with the network plugin :/
B
S

Post » Sat May 25, 2013 12:48 am

Unfortunately run into an odd bug when trying to update this plugin. I'm using VIsual Studio 2012 and get errors on:

Edittime.cpp. In particular CArchive which is referenced. This makes sense because it is a MFC class...I just have no clue why this wouldn't have thrown an error earlier.

I managed to fix that error by using the "bin" class instead, but during rundown the plugin crashes. It has been forever since I've coded this plugin so maybe I'm missing something, but very odd that the project wouldn't just compile fine right off the bat...I even used Visual Studio 2010 compatibility mode.

Anybody that has done plugin development have a thought on this? I hate that it is difficult to debug plugins...

EDIT: Also, an odd note that when importing the plugin (this even has issues with the plugin SDK) it does not include Edittime or ConstructSDK.ref in the build. Once I add constructSDK.ref into the build I get a warning that it can't find unique match for symbol "GetInfo".scidave2013-05-25 01:06:53
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 am

@SciDave I have a copy of VS2010, want me to try compiling the code for you? I haven't touched CC plugins in a long time though so I might need a little guidance getting it to work.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 30, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks for the offer Jayjay. I really need someone to try to compile it in Visual Studio 2012 with the compilation target of XP - 2012 so it can be more platform neutral.

I thinking there is some type of incompatibility with VS 2012 and the COnstruct SDK or it is something with the new version of ENET no longer working with the plugin and I will have to manually go through the pain of troubleshooting (which took days with the original plugin). Have to put print statements all over the place with a painful compile, copy plugin, and run scenario.

I just wanted to get a feel that other folks have built CC plugins with VS 2012 to rule out that issue.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons